Weekend muskie hunt is just getting started.

BillM

Decided to take a personal day and fish the Kawarthas with a buddy that hasn't been out on the water for years..  Water temps were perfect (low 70's) and the fish were eating.   Tied my PB day with 6 muskies in the boat, 3 came unbuttoned...  Capped it off with this fat 44 incher that followed earlier in the day but didn't commit.

2Vbs3nAl.jpg

Edited by BillM
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, lew said:

Good stuff Bill, the K Lakes are a fun place to fish for sure.

Thanks Lew.  It's a nice confidence boost when fish are few and far between in my home waters of Gbay.   Off next week to Nipissing to put the hurt on some big girls! 

22 minutes ago, BillM said:

Thanks Lew.  It's a nice confidence boost when fish are few and far between in my home waters of Gbay.   Off next week to Nipissing to put the hurt on some big girls! 

My buds been up at the West Arm of Nip this week and he boated 5 nice ones from mid 40's up to 52"

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

It’s almost like people have given up on pigeon lake…just an observation but I see so few people fishing it for musky compared to a few years back…I’m not sure why the tri lakes are loaded with skis! I seem to hook or catch one every trip there bass fishing these days!

The only lake I really wouldn't be fishing muskie in is Balsam.   Pike are really taking a strong hold in there.  We usually fish Pigeon on opener. 

On 9/4/2022 at 7:52 AM, AKRISONER said:

It’s almost like people have given up on pigeon lake…just an observation but I see so few people fishing it for musky compared to a few years back…I’m not sure why the tri lakes are loaded with skis! I seem to hook or catch one every trip there bass fishing these days!

Still lots of guys fishing musky on north Pigeon. I usually catch 4~5 per season ripping bucktails for eyes. Only one so far this year. 

I just got back from up north.  Had a good few days.   Trolling bite was on, I lost a giant on a figure 8, buddy couldn't get the net in the water in time.  Also had an even bigger fish roll a Suick, come back on it and miss it again.   Solid 50in, then 10 mins later the wind dies and the bite stops for the rest of the day.   

This fish came in at 46, heaviest muskie I've ever held.   Super thick everywhere, made that Kawartha fish look like a baby.

mW8nJczl.jpg

0UdQ6MUl.jpg

• Like 5