Justherb is going on one last fishing trip.

Big Cliff

My brother-in-law, AKA justherb on this board, passed away some time last night, I found him this evening when I went to take him his groceries, he had passed away quietly while watching the food chanel and drinking a beer, two things he liked to do when he wasn't fishing. He had been sick for a while now surviving a very risky open heart operation only a few years ago and never really getting back up to speed. He had been in and out of hospital a few times in the past few months and was on a lot of medication.

We had been fishing buddies and best friends for more than 25 years, he was a lousy fisherman but that never stopped him from trying and we shared so many wonderful adventures. (Besides if he did start to out fish me, I would just tease him about me getting home to his sister; that would usually throw him off his game).

We have one more fishing trip to take, it was something he made me promise to do and do it I will. I will not mourn his passing, he wouldn't have wanted that but I will miss him very much.

There won't be any viewing or funeral, he had left very explicit instructions, just the fishing trip.

Next fish you catch please say "this one is for you Herb!" he'd have gotten a kick out of that.

Forever in my heart Herb.

Big Cliff

That's not good news at all Cliff. I know how close you were to Herb...I just hope that Sue is holding out through all of this. My really heartfelt condolences to Herb's family and friends.