Disgusting

dave524

FFS

seriously, if they find out who did this, I dont Give a turd if its the pope, wayne gretzky, the entire town of wawa or whoever is friggin responsible for this garbage...They better get jail time, and more than a month like they love to give to these murderers.

enough with the fines, enough with the Bull jail sentences...this is literally as poor as if I were to go out and murder 1000 people's family pets and then throw all of their rotting carcasses in queens park.

I think its time we rethink minimum sentences for this kind of garbage.

At minimum, all nets should be identifiable with a metal tag at both ends. If not, they get removed and forfeited to the Crown for destruction.

This only makes perfect sense.

A licensed tag identifying would no doubt help eliminate issues of such neglect and abuse of laws AND treaty rights(if this is involved)

Edited by manitoubass2

Tags - with your name/address etc are required if your trapping Bait Fish with a Bait trap. I was hassled once and threaten with a ticket. Didn't take me long to mark it.

Someone knows something. There should be a sizable reward for Tips to motivate people to report these Sub Humans.

I truly hope the law catches whoever is responsible and the perps are jailed big time.

i tried to stay away from this...but the odds are definitely stacked against it. As always one bad apple spoils the bunch. I couldnt imagine the fury that those who work within their rights must feel when this ish happens.

Not happy id imagine.

I mentiomed before, on our rez, youde be charged to the full extent of the law and banned from the rez via BCR(band council resolution)

The province definitely has enough resources to nail me driving 122 on 400 north 10 kilometers south of parry sound at 9pm on a thursday though.

I literally take this as mass murder and animal cruelty.

I have no issue with putting resources towards catching dangerous drivers. Those resources that caught you may be used to catch someone driving drunk and I am all for that!

At minimum, all nets should be identifiable with a metal tag at both ends. If not, they get removed and forfeited to the Crown for destruction.

Totally agree! We have to have a tag on our minnow traps, a license on our ice huts, why not on nets?

Down South here a gill net has length and hole size limits. The netter has to have a license and the start and end buoy has to have your Social Security number burned into the float as well as a name.address if you are going to be over 150 yards away from it. The net must be checked within 24 hours of each set. They are pretty strict and I get checked once or twice a year while netting gizzard shad for bait,

Art

You all know Im an advocate of treaty rights.

But im a bigger advocate for nature.

Ive called the MNR a few times for unattended/unmarked nets.

Give me a second and ill find pics of netted sturgeon left to die in +30 temps in 10" of water.

Unexceptable NO MATTER WHAT

These fish, by my judgement, were there at least two days. Alive, but no way the survived revival

Edited by manitoubass2

june2010142.jpg

june2010145.jpg

did you report this to the MNR? I think by your post above you did. We all have a duty to stop this garbage.

I was fishing in Severn for crappies last year and drove past the locks and sure enough theres a guy standing fishing right in the fish sanctuary. drive a bit further and his truck is literally parked in front of the sign posted at the trail head saying fish sanctuary no fishing. We took a photo of his license plate and called the MNR

MY concern is that nothing was done due to lack of resources. Oh and yes...100% the guy wasnt status he had the standard polish eagle on the back of his SUV.

I set nets for the MNR back in the 1970s and we had to mark them with a tag. We often didn't put buoys on them because we were working in small remote lakes with no cottagers, in an effort to reduce theft of the nets. they were set at dark and pulled at 8 am. If you're setting nets without identifying yourself then you're not subject to the laws of Ontario ie. status or a non-FN poacher. I would think most status Fn would identify their nets.

Edited by Oggie