My $0.02 worth

Big Cliff

Well said Art.

In the 15 years I've been a member here the subject of seperate forums has come up so many times I get dizzy thinking about it.

This site works well as it is and like they say, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Edited by lew

I like the off topic threads myself. Thats mostly why I come here. I have learned a ton of stuff from them over the years. I've been here a looong time, and I do read all the fishing reports, but I might not reply. I just don't have anything to add. If I have something to add I do.

I read your report Cliff, but I didn't respond. I talked to you the next day thru text messages and figured I'd already said what I wanted to.

What we need is a like button on threads. I would use it.

S.

It's the middle of winter. Not a whole lot of fishing going on so people are a bit testy over things that will normally not bug them. Some call it the silly season. I look at it this way, if I don't like a topic, I move on. Simple as that. I don't get incensed over nonsense which is what politics is or what rod or reel is better. I like what I like and can speak to my personal experience on a given subject. Other than that, I keep my mouth shut. I don't go trolling or looking for a fight. I'd rather do something more constructive like watching paint dry. So Cliff, fill your boots. You and a few other members here have been around the block once or twice, I'd rather listen to your rant thatn someone much younger who has no clue as to how the world works and to what actually matters and what are distractions.

Myself personally I like the present set up. I love reading the fishing reports, new fishing equipment reviews, advice on boat purchases & different fishing lodges. I also enjoy the advice given for repairing the various types of equipment we outdoors people own including outboard motors, painting a boat, which fish locator is better, including the threads about truck tires & where to purchase a good deep cycle battery. I gain tons of knowledge about the above stated topics. That's why I am here! If it's a political thread, I usually ignore them. Very simple in my mind!

Myself personally I like the present set up. I love reading the fishing reports, new fishing equipment reviews, advice on boat purchases & different fishing lodges. I also enjoy the advice given for repairing the various types of equipment we outdoors people own including outboard motors, painting a boat, which fish locator is better, including the threads about truck tires & where to purchase a good deep cycle battery. I gain tons of knowledge about the above stated topics. That's why I am here! If it's a political thread, I usually ignore them. Very simple in my mind!

Totally agree,could care less about the political stuff,but learned so much as you about everything else.

Well said Art. In the 15 years I've been a member here the subject of seperate forums has come up so many times I get dizzy thinking about it. This site works well as it is and like they say, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

It's broke and has been so for many a year.

Edited by scuro2

Your certainly entitled to your opinion, just as I am.

Nothing wrong with this website at all. I enjoy getting info on fish finders, trolling motors, rods and reels, heating and AC and car repair all under one roof. But the banning of political threads will certainly give a small portion of posters a whole lot less air time. Now that was a good decision! Edited by porkpie

You find it amusing when a vocal minority who can't skip a click get people censored?

Dutch, your guilty, as am I.

Guilty of what you might ask???

Posting too frequently

Tread carefully. That report button is being used as if your comments are harming other members physically...

Everyone has a brain, some just refuse to use it

I post more actual fishing reports and pictures than half the guys doing the complaining.

What they're doing is jumping in the pool and then complaining they're wet.

It won't matter if they ban me, I'm not posting any more fishing reports here.

I post more actual fishing reports and pictures than half the guys doing the complaining.

What they're doing is jumping in the pool and then complaining they're wet.

It won't matter if they ban me, I'm not posting any more fishing reports here.

Its truth. All the sudden people that rarely post need to chime in.

If it was. They complain about polotic threads yet post in them, yet offer nothing in fishing threads????

It makes zero sense to me.

Ill keep posting fishing reports and chatting with the same 20 or 30 people that actually post in reports

Its truth. All the sudden people that rarely post need to chime in.

If it was. They complain about polotic threads yet post in them, yet offer nothing in fishing threads????

It makes zero sense to me.

Ill keep posting fishing reports and chatting with the same 20 or 30 people that actually post in reports

I might post a comment or two with people I know and respect, but I'm not posting actual reports here. It's clear my content is unwanted.

You find it amusing when a vocal minority who can't skip a click get people censored?

I find it amusing when the pot calls the kettle black, that is all. In the history of my time on this website, I haven't reported a single post. If I allowed people to offend me on the Internet, there is no way I'd survive my paying job. I do however wholeheartedly support the banning of political threads.

Edited by porkpie

I find it amusing when the pot calls the kettle black, that is all. In the history of my time on this website, I haven't reported a single post. If I allowed people to offend me on the Internet, there is no way I'd survive my paying job. I do however wholeheartedly support the banning of political threads.

Why not just skip the click?