My $0.02 worth

Big Cliff

A sub category would still be something that needs to monitored. people would post stuff in general discussion no matter how many times we chop up the site. Worse yet I will still get the same number of P.M.s about he said she said in nature. We keep them in the same section so we can see them at a glance. We also do not wish to encourage inflammatory threads. i have been very liberal on letting things run there course but it seems people want to make this a political site and it isn't. We are working on what the new cut off point is for them. The owners are tired of getting hollered at for running a thread to long and running a thread to short if we get hollered at no matter what we do we will choose the easiest path. You all as members have the responsibility to treat the other members with utmost respect at all times the rules are a good guideline. We are not babysitters we are here to organize a place for everyone to feel comfortable and talk about your outdoors life. We could be hardasses and use the ban button but in 4 years I have yet to use it. I as well as the other owners are happy that this site is here it is a memorial to how we met as well as a place where we can talk to our old and new friends.

The cure in my opinion is to state your facts in a thread and then listen to the replies. It is not a place to argue, insult or belittle someone into seeing your point. All of the political threads have one thing in common and that is people can't accept someone else's views and that is the reason they are an endangered species. You will find a dozen sites that will let you tear into each other on any subject you want so if that is what you are looking for to get thru the winter then feel free to join one and then once it is out of your system then come here and share a story with your friends here. This site is run in the old fashion way we are about respect, helpfulness and friendship it is what we started with and what we see as our future.

Thanks for reading this

Art

Any MAN to post to you or other mods that he doesn't like what someone else posted doesn't belong on a fishing site AND that is the person I would ban.

I post more actual fishing reports and pictures than half the guys doing the complaining.

What they're doing is jumping in the pool and then complaining they're wet.

It won't matter if they ban me, I'm not posting any more fishing reports here.

If you don't like political threads and are no longer posting fishing reports here then why are you here ?

If you don't like political threads and are no longer posting fishing reports here then why are you here ?

Whatever gave you the impression I don't like political threads???

I am not in agreement with the new rule. Like you, I would ban the whiners who can't skip a click. It's those 30% of members who cause Art 70% of the work he complained about earlier.

Edited by Dutch01

Whatever gave you the impression I don't like political threads???

I am not in agreement with the new rule. Like you, I would ban the whiners who can't skip a click. It's those 30% of members who cause Art 70% of the work he complained about earlier.

Oh, OK..........I stand corrected....

BTW I have never clicked on the REPORT button and really never paid any attention to it.

If I didn't like what someone said about me or their opinion on something I can easily ignore them.

Edited by Mister G

As a matter of fact one of them posted he gave up fishing, yet here he is on a fishing site posting away....HUH ! ! !

Seeing as I quit fishing this year I assume your referring to me but when did it become any business of yours whether I post on this site or not.

This post has turned unfriendly the rules have been stated we all got to air our opinions it is now time to move on and accept the decision that has been made. Like it or not it is the path that this board has taken. Some will leave and some will return each member will make their own decision. The owners of the board have accepted the possibilities of either direction and are fine with it. I look forward to talking to all of the people who stay and I hope to welcome the new members who have lurked because they didn't like the ugly undertones of the political threads. For the few who don't like this decision you can use the chat feature to have group discussions on how to better the world politically or go to a site that is political and not aimed at making friends, sharing their lives and most importantly Fishing in one of the greatest fisheries in the world.

Art