Price matching question? Amazon vs Big box stores

misfish

So I got me a new go pro session for a gift under the tree. Loving it so far. Takes great pics and video.

I now need to get some accessories. I wasnt thinking and went and bought the head mount today.

Got home and was wondering why I didnt check on line.

I go to amazon.ca and find I can get a bunch of stuff for the price I payed for just the head mount today.

Even though it,s not go pro brand, anyone think they would price match ? Anyone deal with best buy?

https://www.amazon.ca/Smatree-Strap-Mount-Chest-Session/dp/B00UFDKYRG/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1482782667&sr=1-1&keywords=go+pro+session+chest+strap

Something tells me my best choice is to just order from Amazon and take the head set back.

How has your dealing been with Amazon?

I like them Brian seeing as how I got no wheels now...Without signing up for prime I got exellent free shipping...a couple of days after making an order I received an email telling me my goods have been shipped...

We gave my oldest kid a go pro for his birthday. He wanted an accessories kit for it, so I ordered it for him off amazon, and he paid me back. He is pretty well satisfied with it and it was at our door in under 2 days. I order plenty of stuff from them, as where we live I have to make a drive to one of the box stores, and Amazon usually has it at my door in a few days. FYI I've made several returns and it's very convenient. If the item is defective, you won't pay any return shipping charges.

Edited by porkpie

Amazon is amazing.I am a prime member and it works so well that I use it for almost all of my purchases for things that I know what I want. I do my research and then go to amazon to check price and availability and better than 90 % of the time they are the cheapest. A lot of my repair parts for plumbing are available for in most cases the same price or less and the shipping is free with a 2 day delivery.

Art

Are you saying that you bought a GoPro branded headset; but Amazon has a different brand of accessory for less money? If that is the case, I think the chance of them price matching is pretty close to zero.

Yes and yes. Returning instead of trying JB.

Yes the 3rd party stuff works great and as Rick said, get the chest mount too! I have the head and chest mount and if I ever use the darn gopro I always get the chest mount out. because of that, the head mount I decided to mount to my snowboarding helmet due to never using it.

Edited by GBW

Since it is almost impossible for me to get out of the house now I have dealt with a number of on line retailers, Amazon, Jet, Wal Mart, Best Buy, no issues with any of them.

Since my dog seems to be allergic to most things I even order his food and treats online because no place around here seems to carry stuff he can eat.

I like their "beat any price by 10% policy", however any price has a number of restrictions. It has to be the exact same item, which means it has to be the same model number. Sometimes manufacturers make an item for a specific store and call it model 1000a while the exact same model is being sold elsewhere as model 1000b. Best Buy may not price match in that case. Best Buy also won't price match items on Amazon that are being sold by third party sellers (i.e. not being fulfilled by Amazon). The item also needs to be in stock at the other retailer for Best Buy to match the price.

If you are willing to spend some time, it always pays to shop around.

Jon

I guess I'm old school. I like to go to my local fishing guy and see product in hand to decide. .

Most times he'll price match.

Plus big factor can weigh in on jobs lost and store closures.

just like self check outs cutting jobs.

Mined you, I like walking through Bass Pro and LOOKING at stuff NOT buying, to darn expensive.

Go home and buy from my local guy.

Edited by Fish Farmer

If you are going to start ordering from Amazon.ca or any other store on their program SIGN UP for ebates.ca to get cash back on those purchases.

They even have an app that will remind you to activate the rebate when you go to a website page that offers one.

Program does work I got just over 16.00 in rebates back since Black Friday on a few orders. Every little bit helps.

Here's an Amazon trick that works sometimes...put your item in the cart and don't buy it, just leave it in there. A few days later it will sometimes "magically" go on sale.

Haha.... I have so many items on my watch list. If my items do go on sale, I have to find $35 worth to get free shipping

Haha.... I have so many items on my watch list. If my items do go on sale, I have to find $35 worth to get free shipping

I too have had the... "you have to spend money to "save" money" situations with amazon.

I have yet to get the prime membership but when I added up my small orders over the last year it would have just paid for itself. More so because I wouldn't have ADDED in fillers to get to the free shipping amount... on other orders where I was so close I thought why not save 5.99 by spending 10 bucks to get there LOL.