Post your past toys and favorite joys NF

aplumma

The scary part is none of them are stock. Most have major upgrades in suspension, braking, electronics. and of course engines. We (my Brother) and I love to make stock looking sleepers. The blue beetle was especially fun with Mcpherson struts, porsche steering assy. and a 2 twin carburetors 1835 engine putting out 120 HP. Leaving the stop light torching the tires in 1st and 2nd leaves a lot of slack jaws watching.

Art

The scary part is none of them are stock. Most have major upgrades in suspension, braking, electronics. and of course engines. We (my Brother) and I love to make stock looking sleepers. The blue beetle was especially fun with Mcpherson struts, porsche steering assy. and a 2 twin carburetors 1835 engine putting out 120 HP. Leaving the stop light torching the tires in 1st and 2nd leaves a lot of slack jaws watching.

Art

I had a 1980 Mazda GLC grocery getter that I did an engine swap on.

I swapped in an RX7 rotary and tranny.

The thing went like a raped ape!!!!

Scary on the highway when you opened it up.

She started to get light as you passed 200 kph.

Wish I had known about ground effects back then as it was still pulling hard at that speed and I still had a gear to go!!!! :w00t:

Drag racing it was dang fast too. Once raced some guy that had a sparkling new Indy Pace Car Camaro.

Beat him by 1/2 dozen car lengths in an 1/8 mile.

The dude was really pissed!! :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Here's my baby.

1950 Chevy Styleline Deluxe.

Believe it or not I found her in Cornwall on a Kijiji add.

I originally wanted a 49, which was the first production year of this body style and GM's first redesign post WW2. But when I saw this 50 I had to have it.

She's not perfect but has potential for a 66 year old car that was build in Oshawa.

After%20Waxing%20015_zps3iukq9y5.jpg

After%20Waxing%20015_zps3iukq9y5.jpg

After%20Waxing%20004_zpsc8kv5btp.jpg

I've tried keeping her looking stock on the outside and most of the interior.

Under the hood the 216cu" 6 cylinder with 92hp and the rest of the drivetrain, was getting tired; so it got some up dating.

IMG_0103_zpsv19lmwt0.jpg

IMG_0104_zpsxkybjjge.jpg

IMG_0106_zpsareqg0k0.jpg

That's a 1999 4.8Lt Vortec V8 fuel injected/computer controlled engine rated at 255hp. The engine was salvaged out of a wrecked Silverado pickup.

A bit of work getting the motor and the 4L60E auto trans to fit. After that a bit of wiring to get the computer on-line and we were off down the road with a nice highway cruiser.

Talk about a jaw dropper; when grandpa's car leaves the intersection with the rear wheels on fire. LOL

Dan.

Not a car guy, but appreciate the beauty!

Music is my other source of joy and to that I have gathered some toys of my own.

IMG_00121_zps14a6cbe8.jpg

Yamaha SVB, re-issue of a bass originally released in the late 60's.

Moonbasspics002-Copy2_zps78eada17.jpg

Moon Jazz bass, made in Japan by the best luthiers they have to offer. Picked up on CL for a steal!

Marshallpics002_zpsce7b867e.jpg

Marshall VBA400 and Bergantino 6x10 cabinet. All picked up on CL for pennies on the dollar. This rig will eliminate constipation quicker than Metamucil.

Ricpic_zps667594bb.jpg

Rickenbacker 4003 - now gone! Beautiful instrument, just not for me! Just like a reel or rod is either what you want or not, this one just wasn't for me. The guy that bought it from me, well he's a happy dude!

DSC_0010.jpg

This pic was taken at an outdoor gig and few years ago. I know, nice shirt eh!!! Roscoe LG3000, boutique American made. I will be buried with this guitar!!!!

PicturesNov06toSept07671.jpg

Yamaha BB1100S - Main bass when I toured in the 80's. Sentimental value here!

PEDULLA2.jpg

Pedulla Rapture - found this at a pawn shop. They wanted a ton for the bass, so I waited them out. After a year of hanging in the shop, with not takers, I picked it up for less than half of what they were asking for, after they "got sick of looking at it"!

DSCN1853.jpg

Thought I'd throw a fish pic in here, just to keep the masses happy! LOL

HH

Edited by Headhunter

DSCN1853.jpg

Thought I'd throw a fish pic in here, just to keep the masses happy! LOL

HH

I'm derailing again but mind giving the backstory on this fish? I cheated and dup up the date... you caught this 10 years ago?!

Nice suit by the way. Can't beat the mustangs.

"Past" toys is hard for me Art... as I'm a pack rat. Only cars of vintage I ever got rid of was the '76 Volare that I bought of Leah's father for $300 bucks in 1985 or so. Still have the '77 Ramcharger I bought right after Leah and I where married in '82, although it is about 6" lower now. Still have my '69 Bee that I bought from my father in 1979 (he bought it new) and the only real new addition to MY car toys I bought in 1989 while on a business trip to McAllen Texas, my '70 Superbird that I couldn't pay for and load for transport fast enough and sent it home. In 1992 I bought Leah a piece of plastic for our 10th Anniversary that she is currently telling me to sell.

Pictures of the ramcharger, the 'Bee and the 'Bird with the 'Bee and Vette in the shop last fall.

As many know the Bee is in pieces, some of it shown above that had Sterling questioning value. Problem with restoring old cars these days is that a single part can cost more than the original MRSP of the car. My father bought the 'Bee new for about $2800 + tax. I have more than that in new dash panels, pads, bezels and a repro tic tock tach.

Parts on the floor Sterling. Two A833 4 speeds that now sell used at about $2500 each, a big block K frame minimum $500, Lakewood Scatter shield again min $500 used. Drive shafts are like unobtainium and two posi trac pumkins sitting there at about $1500 each and my rear end housing again at least $500.

I'm derailing again but mind giving the backstory on this fish? I cheated and dup up the date... you caught this 10 years ago?!

Nice suit by the way. Can't beat the mustangs.

I guess it was ten years ago! I used to fish Quinte from October, until the ice wouldn't let us on the water. Here's a pic of what we found one morning after the 2 hour drive from the GTA.

PicturesNov06toSept07558.jpg

Took us two hours to clear the launch of enough ice to launch.

Honestly, having started fishing Quinte so long ago, well before the zebra mussels cleared the water and the number of boats out could be counted on one hand, I caught a lot of Pickereyes. The one in the pic is just another of many that were caught. Back in the good ole days, 20-30 fish per day for two guys was pretty normal. We got to the point where we wouldn't even take a pic of a fish, unless it was a teen. I got my PB there, it was 14.75lbs. This was well before the advent of digital cameras.

So, the story of this fish isn't positive, but if memory serves me well, it was caught in a snow storm, just east of the Glenora ferry on our way out for the day. Probably in the 10lb range.

The dude in the background is my long time friend and former PWT (professional Walleye Tour)tour pro. I learned a ton from him!

HH