Georgian bay musky guides recommendation?

Tjames09

Looking to have a guided musky trip, and Georgian Bay seems to be the closest big body of water for musky. Lake St Clair is a bit to far for the day. I couldn't really find any other musky lakes with guides on them.

Anyone have any recommendations for a guide on Georgian Bay. Or any other suggestions for other musky lakes with guides.

Gbay is a very tough one to crack... but you probably know that. I hear good things about both Bristrow for gbay and Columby for nippissing. I'd fish for panfish for a year to know what both those guys know. Lots of charters on st clair if you wanna take the drive.

If Sam Ecker is still guiding in the Kawartha's give him a call. Figure Ate Guide Service. He'll put you on fish. Otherwise this time of year hitting up St. Clair with a guide is a great choice as well. Handelbarz guide service with Mike Parker http://www.handlebarzfishing.com/guiding, or Keith Davison http://www.keithtrophyfishn.com/. Personally I would not look to book a Georgian Bay guide for this year this late in the season, and if I was booking one, would look to book for multiple days in a row. One day trips you are best served on St. Claire or the Kawartha's.

If you're looking at georgian bay, try looking up Jamie Fitz who runs Weather Oar Knot guide service however he is located in the Baril area of GB. If if you're willing to goto nip you could try Slobland flicks, haven't been out with them but they're vids/pics look promising. If you want to have a day with the possibility of multiple skis then goto LSC. Try Fishlsc charters. I have a day booked in November with him.

anyone have any experience with Taro Murata in the Kawarthas? I would rather stay in the Kawarthas. I tried to get a hole of Fisher Pete on here but I guess he doesnt check the website frequently, I left him a PM a few days ago about going out for musky fishing.

I think Taro is more of a Pike/Walleye/Bass guy. I didn't even know he guided for Musky, I shopped around for a few months as it was a 60th B Day gift from my wife. I must have reviewed every Musky charter in Ont. I would spend my money on the best Musky guy in Ontario and some argue in Canada and in my opinion that's Columby. I caught 3 that day and he was disappointed because there wasn't anything big, big to me was anything around 40 and that's all I cared about. You get what you pay for.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I wouldn't bother with the Kawarthas. You can do that yourself without a guide.

another option, PM Mike Rosseau and see if you guys can work something out. He's on the St Lawrence, better numbers than G Bay but still the potential for a giant, fat, fall ski.

anyone have any experience with Taro Murata in the Kawarthas? I would rather stay in the Kawarthas. I tried to get a hole of Fisher Pete on here but I guess he doesnt check the website frequently, I left him a PM a few days ago about going out for musky fishing.

Pete also does the St Lawrence and will come in at a much lower price point that Taro...He specializes in the kawarthas and the st lawrence. his gear is all top notch...and hes also an awesome dude/friend as a kicker. if you go out with him you will make a friend in the process.

He checks the forums he has just been in school this past week. I sent him a text for you.

Bill, you dont have to tell me about the size of GBAY skis...i have seen things...strange strange things.

Edited by AKRISONER

I guess it depends on what you want to get out of the day. If catching fish is the primary objective, don't book a single day on Gbay, but if you're just looking to spend a day with a good guide and try to learn as much as you can with catching being a secondary goal, then Gbay is probably a great idea.