2019-2020 Hockey Thread

Well played game by the boys last night! I watched the first and second and they were controlling the game pretty handily which is great against the oilers who've been rolling as a pretty good unit in the last couple weeks even though this loss gave them 3 straight losses lol

Edited by Lucas F

Andersen was good but Miller played like the Miller of old, on Buffalo, if he stole them games like that all the time he'd be worth his salary.

The shootout Andersen allowed himself to be pushed too far back into his net and easy goals are scored how does an NHL goalie make that mistake? Lol

Yeah!!!

That's hilarious!! You forgot to mention they're in 7th place and there's 16 teams within 7 points of 1st!!! You should be a politician!! :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

I hope the leafs keep playing well and well enough to lose! AND I hope I never get excited that the leafs in are 7th place in December!!! :wallbash:

Yeah!!!

That's hilarious!! You forgot to mention they're in 7th place and there's 16 teams within 7 points of 1st!!! You should be a politician!! :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

I hope the leafs keep playing well and well enough to lose! AND I hope I never get excited that the leafs in are 7th place in December!!! :wallbash:

Meh!

Laffs suck!

lol

Lotsa people view the leafs as playing bad.

I kinda agree and disagree.

Watch the games. This team is playing good hockey. Many nights they are playing teams playing better hockey.

That sounds silly but its true.

If compared to the past few seasons, the difference is huge! And in a good way.

Last year and the previous year was hard to watch. Like a aaa team vrs NHL.

Now they are playing NHl hockey, have tons of speed, playing physical and have a great upside offensively.

The weakness I still see is goaltending and gardiner.

Gardiner is hit and miss

Abd im not sure whats wrong with the goaltending? Anderson seems poised and in good position but plays really low. Goaltenders that play low tend to give up alot of rebounds, and your not utilizing time. The less you have to move, the more your in a favourable position.

Price for example. He only moves when he needs to.

Watch a slapshot from juat inside the blue line. What moves? His glove or blocker, thats it. Its efficient movement.

Gardiner is having his best season yet. Babcock is bringing out the best in him. He's never going to be a D man that punishes forwards and lays the big hits. People need to stop expecting that.

Oh hes playing waaaay better and id agree with your statement.

My problem is he doesnt move his feet, and this is why he gets walked in on like a pylon.

When he does move his feet hes creating alot of offense and he is a good d man.

Seems though 2-3x a game he gets caught flat footed

Babcock will continue to help him (and everyone) progress. Thats babcocks forte