2019-2020 Hockey Thread

That was a fun game to watch! Twitter is full of people calling for kadri's head over that hit, IMO it was a clean hit, and the only reason it looked bad was because sedins head whiplashed and he lost his bucket, saw this picture and it paints a pretty clear picture of initial point of contact

IMG_20161106_003036.jpg

As figured, no disciplinary measures for Kadri.

Keep yer head up Danny!!! :tease::tease::tease:

http://www.tsn.ca/kadri-avoids-discipline-for-hit-on-d-sedin-1.601442

Kadri avoids discipline for hit on D. Sedin
nazem-kadri-and-daniel-sedin.jpg

Nazem Kadri and Daniel Sedin, Rick Madonik/Toronto Star/Getty Images

Toronto forward Nazem Kadri will not be further disciplined for his hit on Vancouver forward Daniel Sedin in the Leafs' 6-3 win over the Canucks on Saturday, according to TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun.

As Sedin scored the Canucks' third and final goal of the game in the third period, Kadri collided with the Swedish forward and appeared to connect with both Sedin's shoulder and head. Sedin spiralled out after the contact and appeared to hit his head off the ice.

The game unravelled after that with both starting goalies getting game misconducts for participating in a line brawl. A total of 147 penalty minutes were handed out in the third period.

Looked like a clean hit to me...be aware of your surroundings and who is on the ice....having said that Matt Martin is tool!!!

Lol people seem to be incensed by him... aside from fighting that dude what else did he do did I miss out on something haha

Lol people seem to be incensed by him... aside from fighting that dude what else did he do did I miss out on something haha

by dude you mean the pimple faced rookie with 4 games under his belt....goons like Martin should stick to harassing other goons....I am sure Leaf Nation would be outraged if Chris Neal attacked Mitch Marner....

by dude you mean the pimple faced rookie with 4 games under his belt....goons like Martin should stick to harassing other goons....I am sure Leaf Nation would be outraged if Chris Neal attacked Mitch Marner....

Ah I see. I wonder what brought that on, should of fought Dorsett haha

I agree 100%.. you just simply dont goon rookies..Dec 3 will be interesting..Wonder what rookie of ours will Burrows take out..Bad move Martin..Im sure he will regret that...

burrows is a clown always has been

same can be said for kadri...the hit was clean, but the intention is the problem...if you do that to a star player, clean hit or not, you cant just turtle when you inevitably get in a scrap.

Im glad the NHL handled this the way they did, let the boys police themselves...keep your head up and be ready to drop the gloves if you are throwing hits to lay out the teams best players.

Expect someone to hit mathews or marner hard next game.

Also Martin wanted a piece of dorsett and he knew he couldnt take him...hence why martin did what he did, im all for it...its no different then a clown like burrows spearing rielly except martin did it with his hands not his stick...gotta pay the piper.

Good job to rielly for standing up for himself, you gotta do that stuff if you are a defenceman.

im really happy to see the leafs looking competitive every game in every facet of the game...im loving watching hockey again.

Edited by AKRISONER

Like it or not everyone on the ice is fair game.

But its like chipping off the green in golf. Its perfectly withing the rules, just heavely frowned upon.

Yeah id rather see tough guys stick to tough guys.

But if it was my job to send a message and I stumble upon you, well, thats just how she goes.

Im fine with kadris hit as well. Nice hard hit! But as it always does in the NHL, he better be ready to pay the piper, regardless...

I have always thought that the NHL was a man's game, played by men, or boys. The "wusification" of the NHL is starting to get annoying. Sedin got hit with his head down, I bet he'll be more careful next time out. That's something they teach kids early on in their hockey career.

I also find it objectionable that there is retaliation after every hit, legal or not. I wish they would just get up, shake it off and play on, but that doesn't seem to be the rule anymore either.

The way it's going, we are going to be watching a league full of Hammerstoms. Poor guy probably never had a scrambled egg in his life!

HH

Since when did it become the responsibility of the Leafs to pamper other teams stars? For decades, the Leafs got zero respect from any other team in the league and on many occasions got hammered. They had no defined superstars or enforcer so everyone was considered a fair target. Now the team has some juice and they're playing with moxie. I like it. Martin grabbed the kid but let's face it, that was because Dorcett whimped out and went after Komarov. The message is clear, pull that crap and all your players are fair game also. I'm absolutely ok with it and I'll bet Vancouver knows Dorcett was responsible.

Kadri's hit was fair and nonpunishable. The league can't enforce unwritten rules. Unfortunately, the door swings both ways and when it does, let's hope it's not costly. In hindsight, I wish he hadn't hit him so hard. He had already released the puck and scored the goal. It didn't change the outcome of the play whatsoever. Easy to say after the fact though and Kadri would have no way of knowing. Reilly hit was freaking magic.

I'm sure lots of tape was reviewed and Babcock will make sure everyone knows their roles and what is excepted. More importantly what is not expected in the future.

For me, that was a great game with a little bit of everything. It's been too damn long since I got to watch the Leafs shine on the scoreboard, show off tremendous new talent and kick some a$$ along the way. Welcome back, it's been a while.

I have always thought that the NHL was a man's game, played by men, or boys. The "wusification" of the NHL is starting to get annoying. Sedin got hit with his head down, I bet he'll be more careful next time out. That's something they teach kids early on in their hockey career.

I also find it objectionable that there is retaliation after every hit, legal or not. I wish they would just get up, shake it off and play on, but that doesn't seem to be the rule anymore either.

The way it's going, we are going to be watching a league full of Hammerstoms. Poor guy probably never had a scrambled egg in his life!

HH

hard to say i agree when gretzky played with semenko

hit star players all you want, but live and die by the sword.

hard to say i agree when gretzky played with semenko

hit star players all you want, but live and die by the sword.

That was back in the enforcer days.

This is what happens when you remove them from the game.

Grapes has been saying it for a long time and is not wrong.