Dumb and Dumber

wkrp

Does anyone else think it's pure genius on the part of Trump having Pence as his running mate? Basically if he gets elected and makes a huge mess of the whole thing and gets booted, executed or impeached, Pence is the next guy in line. An actual super far right conservative (not just someone who plays one on TV) who has supported, among other things:

• defunding Planned Parenthood
  • revoking birthright citizenship
  • is against increasing minimum wage
  • is against unions
  • is against environmental research and renewable energy
  • is for the war in Iraq
  • is for keeping Guantanamo Bay
  • Thinks Israel is the US's "most cherished ally"
  • has been opposed to any healthcare reforms
  • supported the Patriot Act
  • Thinks global warming is a myth
  • When asked if he believes in evolution, Pence answered "I believe with all my heart that God created the heavens and the earth, the seas and all that’s in them. How he did that I’ll ask him about some day."
  • is against the FDA regulating tobacco products (as recently as 2001 has asserted that smoking doesn't kill)
  • Is against same sex marriage and civil unions
  • is against the employment non-discrimination act
  • has attempted to ban Syrian refugees from settling in Indiana, although he says "calls to ban Muslims from entering the U.S. are offensive and unconstitutional"
  • Supports canned hunts.

And those are just the things I've found that would drive the average liberal insane.

Does anyone else think it's pure genius on the part of Trump having Pence as his running mate? Basically if he gets elected and makes a huge mess of the whole thing and gets booted, executed or impeached, Pence is the next guy in line. An actual super far right conservative (not just someone who plays one on TV) who has supported, among other things:

• defunding Planned Parenthood
  • revoking birthright citizenship
  • is against increasing minimum wage
  • is against unions
  • is against environmental research and renewable energy
  • is for the war in Iraq
  • is for keeping Guantanamo Bay
  • Thinks Israel is the US's "most cherished ally"
  • has been opposed to any healthcare reforms
  • supported the Patriot Act
  • Thinks global warming is a myth
  • When asked if he believes in evolution, Pence answered "I believe with all my heart that God created the heavens and the earth, the seas and all thats in them. How he did that Ill ask him about some day."
  • is against the FDA regulating tobacco products (as recently as 2001 has asserted that smoking doesn't kill)
  • Is against same sex marriage and civil unions
  • is against the employment non-discrimination act
  • has attempted to ban Syrian refugees from settling in Indiana, although he says "calls to ban Muslims from entering the U.S. are offensive and unconstitutional"
  • Supports canned hunts.
And those are just the things I've found that would drive the average liberal insane.
wow, that's some crazy "stuff"... Make America great again means what?? was it great in the 30's , the 50's or maybe the 70's?.. From the sounds of his running mate I would say they are aiming at the 50's when all was good and prosperous as long as you were a straight, white, anglo... What amazes me is how people become so committed to one or the other party that they are blind to any of the stupid stuff their party does or says..

Well, actually he's so far right of centre and so far down the Republican crazy-hole The Great Stephen Harper would tell him to back off about 30%

Guess it all depends where you draw the center line, Harper was adequate but as a Conservative I don't think he was the greatest, either.

Actually , my hope was that when Mike Harris stepped down and Eves finished the term , I was hoping he, ( Harris ) would have taken a run at the federal leadership.

Edited by dave524

The whole thing is very entertaining being on the outside looking in but terrifying at the same time.. I just can't believe that these 2 are the best of the best and will be in charge of a huge arsenal of nukes.. the country is a powder keg right now and no one seems to have a decent solution..

It's all about money and power. That's the political system. Use the correct con and you're in. Unfortunately the consequences are usually a disaster and long lasting.

The legal system is virtually the same. The racial violence is increasing because the system is NOT working. Crime has increased for the first time here in 12 years. http://www.torontosun.com/2016/07/20/number-of-crimes-reported-to-police-jumps-for-first-time-in-12-years-statscan It will get worse.

Don't get me started on Mike Harris. He was the beginning of the demise of Ontario. Oh, yeah we all got a $200 cheque from him didn't we?

MUD

Trump or Clinton.. what a friggin mess. Clinton is so far up the arses of the 1% im sure her soul is now owned..If I were American (thank god im not) id have no other choice but to vote for Trump. At lease he is-int owned publicly...Clinton is a massive sellout.. Monsanto, big pharma, , big banks they all run the puppet strings they call Clinton..Dont get me started on Billy..