It was a LewOclock start

misfish

I have not fished a big river trout opener in many years. The crowds,the shoulder to shoulder fishing, really turned me away from this type of fishing that I once done

I had an invite to fish some new to me waters and thought well, what could it hurt. I was planning on doing resident fish, but an invite is an invite, so,,,,,,,,,,,

When I got in the truck and the time came up, I thought, IT,S LewOclock . :lol: and I was on my way. On my way for a hook up with a few youngns. Ya young,ns, half the age of me, and a bit more.LOL

opener trout 2016 001.JPG

Im all for walking to get away from everyone and crowds, so when I was told the walk was 5km, I was ready for it. What beautiful water to see. That was when day light came of course. We walked the full 5km in the dark. Thankfully, the new pink moon was out to allow me,not the leader, to see where I was walking. Oh to have young eyes. :rolleyes:

Once we arrived, I just listened to the water ripple and could just see the pool we were going to fish. The young byes were all giddy to get started, I myself well, was in no hurry, I was enjoying the friendship of these 3 byes and the chatter.

It only took a few drifts by the young guns, to get some fish on the bank. I however, just drifted and drifted, to have not a fish take my presentations. Non the less, we had some great laughs during our outing and it felt like I was no different in age, then them.

This is the kind of opener I could do each year. Great stretch of water, a few pals and good laughs.

A few fish from this morning.

opener trout 2016 004f.jpg

opener trout 2016 005f.jpg

opener trout 2016 007fs.jpg

The only way I am going to see a sunrise is if I pulled an all nighter.

Brian you describe a beautiful day of fishing. Fish or no fish. It's not all about hooking one although it makes a 10K trec through the Mai Cong Delta much easier. I was picturing you walking with your tube on in flippers 5K!!!! That makes a funny picture.