-41. Anyone brave enough to fish?

Rod Caster

Even my wife comes out fishing with me at -40s, without a hut, thats when the real fishing begins, had ice on the little lake behind us since mid October, but yes it has recently been very mild, too mild, but you guys have had huge temp changes in the last 2 weeks, hard for the body to climatize for sure , we are temporarily living in the banana belt no doubt

Crazy weather for u guys back in ONT, so mild a couple of weeks back like in Ottawa and so cold just 2 weeks later for the canal festivities

Edited by mr blizzard

Had to launch the permanent hut for those conditions. We drove 6 km like this, Hahaha

IMG_03921_zpslqqrpmq6.jpgHere's where I slept Saturday night.IMG_03941_zpsgwqidoe6.jpgAn old timer who pays attention to that kind of stuff said it dropped to minus 39 in Haliburton and he doesn't remember a night colder than that.Sunday I fished outside no problem, in the sunshine and no wind at -18. Edited by chris.brock

Had to launch the permanent hut for those conditions. We drove 6 km like this, Hahaha

IMG_03921_zpslqqrpmq6.jpg

Here's where I slept Saturday night.

IMG_03941_zpsgwqidoe6.jpg

An old timer who pays attention to that kind of stuff said it dropped to minus 39 in Haliburton and he doesn't remember a night colder than that.

Sunday I fished outside no problem, in the sunshine and no wind at -18.

Nice shack chris!!! Is that the warm up session in the man cave lol

How was the fishing?

Edited by manitoubass2