Writing winter off

can u fish

From what I'm seeing and hearing winter is not quite over yet so hold out some hope everyone .

Starting next week the forecasts are showing a plunge of cold arctic air coming into the Ontario

region with possible double digit minus temps. as highs later in the week and going into the

family day long weekend . Along with these cold temps. the Georgian Bay snow belts will

receive some significant lake effect snow . Lets see and hope for all you outfitters out there !

Well as far as bogus years go for winter, We fluked out at my families household.

My parents pulled the trigger this past summer and decided to do a big rebuild on the family cottage starting in September running through the entire "winter" I was expecting a long winter of crying as the trails would be open and ice fishing would be going on and Id be stuck with no cottage or sleds to ride. I got an update from the local marina yesterday and the channel 500 meters from regular ice fishing spot is rotting out and opening up.

The snowmobile trails aren't open and guys just got on the ice with the sleds 2 weeks ago which is ridiculous considering ive ridden on december 10th on the ice.

I guess we picked the perfect year to have no use of our winter playland, however the way things are going maybe this is just a precursor to the new norm..which is disturbing to say the least.

Edited by AKRISONER

Things are looking the same for this week and upcoming family day weekend when it comes to winter weather .

Coldest air of the season is set to move into Ontario at the end of the week with the coldest day to be Saturday.

Along with this cold plunge of arctic air there will be more then likely some moderate accumulation of snow in

the Georgian Bay/Huron snow belts . Reports of -25 C to -30C are being forecasted for Saturday in central Ontario .

This will I'm sure help with the ice on the lakes but might be a little to late . Be safe out there everyone .

I don't need double digit minuses for family day weekend...we have a 400 miles sledding trip planned for then and the last 2 years it was 30 below...I would like something around 5 to 9 below this year

Sorry Dara , it's looking like a frigid ride for you guys . :w00t:

Sorry Dara , it's looking like a frigid ride for you guys . :w00t:

Yup, great. Oh well, nobody booked a room anyway so it may be cancelled...just day trips instead.

Did another hundred miles this weekend so I have just about 1,000 so far this year

Winters showing up in the GTA... Got stuck behind a snowplow convoy on my drive into work at 5am through Mississauga until the 427 going 40-60... Talk about annoying, especially because I just switched over to my all seasons as I picked up a shard of metal on Friday sometime, so need to get that patched up asap

It hasn't stopped snowing here since Saturday evening. Its a beeyootiful sight to have my driveway snowbank way over my head again :)

I'm not jealous.....my new sled sitting in the garage and my green grass almost needing cut.....

I hate you. LOL

S.

I am empathetic Can U as cold means cash to you. But winter can't end soon enough for me. My DNA is embedded in a region of this planet where Palm trees are everywhere. I'm no longer built for cold days and colder nights. I don't know where my shovel is and I'm just happy to leave it wherever it is. Go north if it's cold you want, there's enough there for you all but leave us southerners be, please.

Horrendous lack of cold for those up north operating businesses that require cold and snow. Spoke to a buddy who sells Bombardier products up north and he said it was a lousy winter for sales. Mitch, I cannot imagine hiw it is for you where you need the winter business. Hopefulky we have a nice summer and with the crappy loonie, lots of Americans will come up for cheap to them vacations.

Winter is just fine up here.

I'm taking an extra day off and hitting the trails for 4 days this weekend and then next weekend we are doing an overnight ride to Elliott lake.

I know its not fishing but it is winter fun anyway