Sting... Really!?

Headhunter

better him then Trump

You are correct Trump can't sing worth a darn. Please don't misunderstand this, William Shatner is one of my hero's he has survived longer than most actors in Hollywood and has turned tragedy into opportunity more times than I can count.

Art

Monster Truck!!!!

HH

Yes, a great band and group of people but wrong venue and they are die-hard hockey fans and players. Danko Jones is a happy mix of styles of music and would kill it at a weekend like this. I said The Trews as they are Canada's biggest touring band for the past few years and that's why I said them first. And they filmed the on video outside out old office, lol

No-one else here realizes he is one hell of a musician and entertainer?

Only those of us who have a pulse! His music, solo work, is akin to watching paint dry or grass grow. His work with the Police was over shadowed by both Andy and Stuart, the real talent in that band!

HH

I guess than that Perry Como is not alive anymore?

HH

OK I'll rise to the bait, I understand you are a musician and quite a good one I hear, however, I have shared the stage with : The three tenors, The Nylons, Eugene Levey, Liona Boyd, sung for Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, and participated in the world premier of a work by Goresky to name a few of my musical accomplishments. (I have the signed programs to prove this as well.)

I say this to give weight to my opinion of Stings artistry.

Don't ask because I won't tell. These are over a beer at the pub stories not published on the internet stories.

I guess I'll clarify my point. If you have ever been to a Raptors game, you would know that the building is a bee hive of energy. From the constant playing of up-beat music, to the interaction with the fans, the NBA is a fast paced form of entertainment. This is why I have made the comments that I have.

Sting is not a high energy, fast paced performer. His solo work is considered among the high brow community to be rock n roll, but in reality, he's the Perry Como of "modern music. i just don't feel that he is in any way a fit for this gig.

Sorry if I have hurt any feelings.

HH

Yes but the generation that thinks the NBA is real basketball thinks hip hop is real music and won't want to listen to a great musician and song writer like sting

Here's a person who just completely lost any credibility in this convo.

Manitou, they should just get choclair to bump lets ride ahahhaa

Edited by AKRISONER

Why because I think hip hop is garbage? Or because the NBA isn't the greatest basketball?

My opinion is as good as anyone else's.

Of course it is!

But me thinks you might be confusing hip hop and rap???

Hip hop(even if its not your cup o tea) is highly skillful.

A good DJ(a real dj, not that dood that has a playlist at a club) is insanely talented.

And the artists are brilliant with wordplay and storytelling.

Rap is like " yeah g stacks and stacks of cash/enough to smack your b... a.../

With ghost writers and computerized beats etc

I dont listen to much country, but I sure can respect the skill.

Anyhow the correct answer is the travelling wilburies?

Edited by manitoubass2