Pinch me gas under$1.00

mr blizzard

Was $1.33 up here for years, going to enjoy it while it lasts, helps to offset other expenses, surprised at Timmins price

Timmins is almost always higher than anywhere around here. There is a lot of price fixing going on in this town, there is never one gas station cheaper than the other and they all drop their prices within an hour of each other when they do drop. A couple of years ago there was even an "investigation" by police about price fixing, but of course nothing would come from that.

Yes our economy is based on carbon consumption. But I can't get my head around paying ridiculous prices so my neighbour can stay employed. I sure am not feeling guilty filling up my 4X4 with that V8. I can say I'm not driving to the rez for a deal when I can get it down the road. I could save even more but I'm not unless I'm in the area.

I filled up the other day in St. Catharines for 79.3 /L. I feel the pain of motorists who are paying $1.00 / L. When gas was 1.30 /L it cost $180.00 to fill my truck. 143 L tank - OUCH! I'll never complain about gas prices, since I've been working in the oil sands. In 2015 my income was reduced to 50% of 2014 due to massive layoffs in the oil industry. As HTHM stated low oil prices have crippled the economy of Canada! My company employed as many as 40 crane operators in 2013 & 2014. Today there are only 4 operators at work!!

It's a cruel irony that when gas prices become affordable other things become.....well, outrageous. Celery at almost $5 a head, they were 99 cents a short while ago. That's just one item. Hard to understand the global economy.

Edited by jimmer