A new mid life crisis toy was recently purchased, NF

chris.brock

I don't know how long the honeymoon phase will last. Right now, I'm gonna lick the salt off her rockers and maybe enter her tail pipe in the driveway.

It's a gay Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand. :)

I almost died????

Sweet ride Chris!

Your gay jeep moment is much sweeter than our 2002 liberty lol

Edited by manitoubass2

now most of the guys here should reconize that its not a mid-life crisis on our part, its our wives start going through the change and drving us out of the house with the hot flash cold flash horomone imbalance thing, we do our part to give them the house to themselves and just happen to compensate for the nuttiness with some new toys

Nice, but not a mid life crisis toy.

It's a Jeep!!!! :D

Wanna do a Jeep versus Honda off road evaluation test when you're back in town?

Ottawa Senators RED....nice!! :clapping:

JK, nice ride!

the sales snake called it "fire cracker red"

Jk cheers!

now most of the guys here should reconize that its not a mid-life crisis on our part, its our wives start going through the change and drving us out of the house with the hot flash cold flash horomone imbalance thing, we do our part to give them the house to themselves and just happen to compensate for the nuttiness with some new toys

I agree, my wife might not see it quite this way though

Wanna do a Jeep versus Honda off road evaluation test when you're back in town?

My lil Honda does a lot better than I figured it would.

I even had the pleasure of pulling a stuck suburban out of the sand on Anchor Beach in Alaska.

I was joking to my buddy that we should be filming this for the internet. The trucks owner did not agree and was pretty embarrassed by the whole ordeal. :D

She can climb hills pretty good too!!!

It even has a center locking differential!!! :tease::tease:

P5030029111_zpsaed2e70e.jpg

P5030033_zps93012616.jpg

P5030034_zpsa3fe71c7.jpg

My lil Honda does a lot better than I figured it would.

I even had the pleasure of pulling a stuck suburban out of the sand on Anchor Beach in Alaska.

I was joking to my buddy that we should be filming this for the internet. The trucks owner did not agree and was pretty embarrassed by the whole ordeal. :D

She can climb hills pretty good too!!!

It even has a center locking differential!!! :tease::tease:

P5030029111_zpsaed2e70e.jpg

P5030033_zps93012616.jpg

P5030034_zpsa3fe71c7.jpg

Honda makes some great vehicles. It's just a shame they don't build a V-8 engine to get some real pulling power in the Pilot and or Ridgeline.

I don't know. I was thinking 5x10 open Miska for $1400.

I don't know how long the honeymoon phase will last. Right now, I'm gonna lick the salt off her rockers and maybe enter her tail pipe in the driveway.

It's a gay Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand. :)

I think I pooped my pants a little bit laughing so hard.

Edited by limeyangler

Dave, if I was a smart man, that Honda would have been a way better fit for my family. But I'm not.

local news said that the factory cant make them fast enough, so I guess that's good for the economy, not so much if you are waiting on one. Enjoy the fun you are going to have with It !

Thanks. From what I've researched while waiting for it, the plant is old and running at full capacity but can't keep up with the orders. Some dealers in the GTA won't even take orders for Sport models because of the long delays. In a Jeep forum, there's a busy thread called "The Canadian Waiting Room". The Sports are lower end models with less profit to Chrysler so they (especially CAN orders) get the back burner.

first place you should take is to krown rust to get her fully coated and ready for all the crappy salt they put down......salt is the reason our vehicles look like crap after a few years lol... nice ride chris :clapping::canadian:

I'm on that Shawn. Funny, the snakey dealer offered us a "great deal!" on rust proofing, only $900!I Krown is $150. I hate the whole car sales system and I wonder how these snakes can sleep at night. Just writing this makes me feel like punching his head.

My 2014 took only 5 weeks from the order date.

I went with Krown.

Sometimes the long waits are caused by the dealers.

They do not enter the order in the system if they can order a higher paying model first or they wait to group orders.

I don't believe it that the manufacturer causes this long of a delay, but your individual dealer not processing the order imediately.

Although my 5 weeks was unusally quick 8-10 weeks is more common once the order is sent through.

Did you go for the 3.73 gears?

O|||||O

welcome to jeep club. i'm on my 3rd. almost went the pilot route last time but naaaaaah.

maybe the honda's a better fit for the fam but at least there's no timing belt and interference engine to worry 'bout.

Edited by Raf

My 2014 took only 5 weeks from the order date.

I went with Krown.

Sometimes the long waits are caused by the dealers.

They do not enter the order in the system if they can order a higher paying model first or they wait to group orders.

I don't believe it that the manufacturer causes this long of a delay, but your individual dealer not processing the order imediately.

Although my 5 weeks was unusally quick 8-10 weeks is more common once the order is sent through.

Did you go for the 3.73 gears?

What model? I'm guessing a Sahara or a Rubi?

No on the 3.73 gears. What's your thoughts? The engine seems to make power down low if the tach is accurate.

A guy ordered from Missasauga Chrysler, waited 7 months, it came and the dealer wanted $2k more than agreed upon, he was pissed and walked, then saw his Jeep for sale on their website for $6k more, snakes.

O|||||O

welcome to jeep club. i'm on my 3rd. almost went the pilot route last time but naaaaaah.

maybe the honda's a better fit for the fam but at least there's no timing belt and interference engine to worry 'bout.

Hahaha, Thanks.

What model? I'm guessing a Sahara or a Rubi?

No on the 3.73 gears. What's your thoughts? The engine seems to make power down low if the tach is accurate.

No it's a Sport B.

Options are auto, hardtop, side steps, larger wheels, tow group & 3.73 gears. Added after market Detroit Truetrac in the rear axle. Well worth the $1,500. BesTop TrekTop NX for the summer.

In my opinion the 3.73 gears are an excellent addition if using tires larger than the basic 29" standard tires. Our tires are 32".

They allow the engine to operate in it's power band better. For the auto very important but even with the standard if you go to 6th gear you will be lagging the engine with low rpm's. Also better for towing.

Just remember JEEP = just empty every pocket.