Finally got my new f 150! Nf

Gallie

They nice eh, I have the 2015 with Eco boost and love it. Can't go wrong with the v8 but man that twin turbo v6 can rip. Don't let anyone tell you the Eco boost is no good it's a revolution. F150 is best pick up hands down very nice choice. (I was an import pick up owner and fan for years)

Nice truck, Gallie. When I was in the market for my 2012 F150 I had to decide between the Ecoboost and the 5.0L. Test drives showed equal power and real world reseach showed back then, and continues to show, that the mileage is about equal. So I was left to wonder why they wanted a $2K premium for the Ecoboost. In the end I couldn't reconcile that difference. And added to that, turbos are another thing to repair/replace. Now, there is a world of difference bewteen the 5.0L and my 2006 5.4L. The new engines are much more fuel efficent and more powerful.

You made a good choice with the F150 Gallie and you should be very happy with it.

As for the EcoBoost, I've got a 2013 Lariat with Eco and absolutely love it and my next truck will have one too. Really nice low end torque and that's why I bought it.

If your buying a truck to pull heavy boats and your worried about gas mileage, your making a mistake. If your not too concerned about mileage, buy a truck and enjoy.

Ive been letting it idle a bit more than usual showing it off to friends the past couple weeks lol

That being said 2 weeks in im getting

13.8 l/100km

That mileage will greatly improve. Towing my boat, on cruise, I average 11-13 on relatively flat roads.

image_zpsa1yogxaq.jpg

It will also tow a lot of weight. My buddy's boat as it sits is 10000# plus With fuel.

image_zps3pyjzf5n.jpg

Pulled out of launch and towed no problem. I felt it that's for sure but it towed it fairly easy.

Smart move on the V8. Mines the 5.0. Tried and true.

Like you I upgraded from a 6.0l ranger. I still miss that truck. Couldn't get it stuck if I tried. But I don't regret upgrading for a minute. Either will you.

Enjoy your new ride. Love the colour.

Edited by steelhedrmatt

nice truck OP

wars have been started over this. (my money would be in a ram diesel :) )

It is a nice truck but does have many down falls. It's horrible around town, the acceleration is not very good, lowest tow rating for a 1500 and the diesel comes at a premium. Dodge is close but just not there yet.

My buddy has 2014 f150 fx4 black edition with 5.0l v8. Sick truck, going to trade her in Monday v8 too hard on gas. My boost average around town 13l per 100 km. Highway I average 9 if I drive like an old man 10 120km and 14 with my boat.

This thread is gonna get ugly. All I know is I have owned v8 now have Eco boost will never go back to v8 (unless mustang GT). Ford is putting all thier R&D in the ecoboost, there won't be a v8 option in a 1500 in next few years. Even mustang going ecoboost. Just is what it is.

I'm still averaging 11.8 l / 100km with my 2011 x 5.0. Add a trip into the city in stop and go and I come home at about 12.4. Worst ever that I cleared off the screen for truck on it's own was 13.8 and that was a summer in Temag with Leah pulling the boat both ways averaged into the equation.... and anyone that's driven with me knows I'm not light on the hammer!

If I pull my heavy flat nosed enclosed I burn 18.9 / 100km.

Had a cop at a ride check in 2012 call me a .... ...... because he'd read my dash. His Eco boost was going through 18/100km and I thought he was going to have a melt down seeing mine at 11.7 !

Edited by irishfield

Nice truck - Ford is a good choice - been a Ford man all my life - have two pickups right now - a 1991 and a 2005 and a full sized van - always had good experience with my Fords - owned a total of 8 Fords in my lifetime - good luck - keep the oil changed every 3000 miles and the engines will last forever -

I have a 2015 Silverado so I guess I'm the odd man out in this thread.

I can get 11L/100km or less all day at 100km/h on cruise control. But if I drive it so it sounds good, lookout! Lifetime average over 19,000 km is about 15L. That's probably my heavy foot though!

The new fullsizes pretty well all get good mileage because they put those ridiculous air dams on the front end and baby tires, giving it the ground clearance of a compact car. Once you get it set up to be somewhat useful offroad that all goes out the window.

So true! I have 9" of front ground clearance because of that air dam. I'm getting a 3" front level and taking the air dam off so we'll see how mileage is affected....

My '13 Sierra averaged 17-18 mpg on a tank with street tires and stock ride height. I have 2" of lift front and rear, 33" duratracs, and yanked out that stupid air dam. I average 13.5-14 mpg now, but I don't have to worry about bottoming out and blowing out tires like before.

If you level the front end of your truck more than 2", make sure you get a differential drop, or else you can say goodbye to your CV's and balljoints in no time!

My '13 Sierra averaged 17-18 mpg on a tank with street tires and stock ride height. I have 2" of lift front and rear, 33" duratracs, and yanked out that stupid air dam. I average 13.5-14 mpg now, but I don't have to worry about bottoming out and blowing out tires like before.

If you level the front end of your truck more than 2", make sure you get a differential drop, or else you can say goodbye to your CV's and balljoints in no time!

Hmmm, maybe 2" will be enough for me. I'd rather not do a diff drop off I can help it.

I'm 95% on road.... The stupid air dam is going to plow snow if I don't take it off though.

I have P255/75/17 stock tires. Been thinking of going to LT275/70/17 Bridgestone AT KO2's. I don't want to go any bigger because GM decided a 3.08 rear was a good idea. It's a 4x4 and I don't have the funds to change two diffs...

Edited by Dutch01

275 k02's would look sharp.

Look into Bilstein 5100 front struts. They are adjustable and give you up to 2" of front lift without spacers, so your ride quality actually improves and don't lose suspension travel.

Everyone loves them, but they probably cost more than I have to spend. I'm thinking of those down the line though. Mines not a Z71 so rant skid plates too.

Dang trucks are expensive!