Was it a cougar near Peterboro ?

lew

Ive seen 2 in Peterborough, one off Atckinson Road in a field, and the other toward Emily Park, quite possibly the same cat as they do have a large territory, a farmer in Downeyville by Omemee had one on a trail cam with one of his chickens in her mouth, as he told the MNR and they would not believe him so he put up a cam, and now they believe

There have been several reliable sightings like someone mentioned above by farmers in the Kawartha lakes area especially by downeyville which is 10 mins away from me and another friend of mine who lives on his farm about 2 miles away had seen 1 a year ago as well and he knows what they look like as he shoots raccoons and coyotes and can as he had livestock and he swears he seen one and notifies all the farmers in the area but nobody reported it to the MNR as they are farmers and know the MNR is mostly non- believing that they are around as to not panic the public there have also been a few deer carcasses found in some pretty unusual places ..... Places that a coyote or wolf would not have left it there ??? And we have them here as well as black bears too and with the crazy early hours I keep for work as well as fishing & sledding I hope I do catch a glimpse of one that would be so cool .... The old farmer says they were also seen back in the early 80"s in the same area and with the explosion in the turkey population and lots of deer he thinks that's why they are being seen again !!!! And he had had livestock of various times for almost 60yrs

My mom and her neighbours saw two of them fighting each other right in her neighbour's driveway, in the Paudash area. It was too dark to get a photo of them but pretty distinguishable. This was....2-3 years ago? Her neighbour saw one again last year as well.

A woman I work with says she knows a farmer who shot one, can't say for sure if it's true. Apparently he told the MNR it was after his livestock, they refused to believe him/do anything about it. So he told them he was going to shoot it. They said he can't do that, so he asked them again if they'd come out there and do something about it. Nope. So he shot it and told them to come pick it up. She didn't say he was charged with anything.

Ya that picture is sketchy. Too small almost dog like. Cougars are Mountain LIONS.

You would think with everyone having a smartphone that a good real picture would show up.

No other real pictures or scat, hair, etc found for over 100 years. Last caught cougar was in Creemore in 1897.

Ya that picture is sketchy. Too small almost dog like. Cougars are Mountain LIONS.

You would think with everyone having a smartphone that a good real picture would show up.

No other real pictures or scat, hair, etc found for over 100 years. Last caught cougar was in Creemore in 1897

But we all start out small, could it not be a juvenile?

I knew a man from Napanee who saw one near there, also scat, took it into the MNR. First thing they said to him was "where did you find this". Then of course they denied it. Pretty suspicious given their initial question.

Yes, the one i found appeared to be about this size.

It could have been juvenile, starving sick etc.

But ive seen healthy ones too and they are big.

They are super predators for a reason, if they dont wanna be seen, odds are you wont see them, and if you happen to see one, it isnt gonna be for long

Edited by manitoubass2

I found a dead one so the mnr couldnt contest that sighting

Again, you always have smartphone why no picture? Especially a dead one wont run away.

They are huge.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=mountain+lion+size&biw=1366&bih=677&tbm=isch&imgil=q4puIQxs8P04OM%253A%253BTDjr8HBXFG7C8M%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fjavla.com%25252Fsearch%25252Fimages%25252526search%2525253Dmountain%2525252520lions%2525252520in%2525252520idaho%25252526type%2525253Dimages&source=iu&pf=m&fir=q4puIQxs8P04OM%253A%252CTDjr8HBXFG7C8M%252C_&usg=__gpL6dMNCbdopr0SquUJT_CCR3AU%3D&ved=0CCIQyjdqFQoTCI7QpJvonMkCFctoPgod9awNnA&ei=VexNVs7RFMvR-QH12bbgCQ#imgrc=q4puIQxs8P04OM%3A&usg=__gpL6dMNCbdopr0SquUJT_CCR3AU%3D

But we all start out small, could it not be a juvenile?

I knew a man from Napanee who saw one near there, also scat, took it into the MNR. First thing they said to him was "where did you find this". Then of course they denied it. Pretty suspicious given their initial question.

Ya anyone can say they saw one. People always say they saw Sasquatch too.

I don't understand why there is so much doubt that they are here.

Why wouldn't they be? I can tell you for sure I have seen one. Believe me or not, I don't really care, I know what I saw, and I have no doubt what is in that photo is a big cat too.

S.

I don't understand why there is so much doubt that they are here.

Why wouldn't they be? I can tell you for sure I have seen one. Believe me or not, I don't really care, I know what I saw, and I have no doubt what is in that photo is a big cat too.

S.

Ive seen four including the dead cat.

And I can honestly say good luck to anyone trying to get a pick in the bush. They are so fast youde never have time to bust out a camera.

Bush is just too thick here In NW ontario

Maybe in a mountaines region and a long lense but here its just not gonna happen.

Where did you see one sinker?

And im with ya, i seen them so i know. I dont care much if anyone believes me