I Think She Likes Us !!!

4x4bassin

I won't go into great detail here because I have told the story a couple times before . But for those that have not seen my

previous reports about this fish I will give you a quick run down . A small group of friends and I fish a fairly large backwoods

lake in north/central Ontario a couple times each year ( love to fish it more but just too hard to get there ) Anyways starting

in 2011 and continuing to this year we have caught the same lake trout out of the same bay 5 years in a row . The fish is

identified by a small scar on its side and a small deformity on its tail . I have contacted the MNR about this and they can't believe

it . They also advised me that this fish is a very old fish , 25 years old if not older ! I have never heard of anything like this

before especially a lake trout . I have heard stories of a musky or bass being caught 2 or 3 times but never 5 times . Incredible/lucky

story if you ask me . Here are the pictures everyone , enjoy

P8240206.jpg

P9290218.jpg

P9270242_zps112a620b.jpg

2014-09-22001012_zps537e38bb.jpg

P8220035_zpsx0rovfat.jpg

For those people that say catch and release doesn't work on deep water lake trout , I would have to disagree :)

Cheers all

That's excellent and congratulations, and as someone else suggested it certainly shows that C&R works.

My best was a musky I caught 3 times in one season and another was a musky I caught twice in a weekend.

I've heard quite a few old timers say "naw, there's no use throw'n em back cause they die anyway"

very cool story

Is that a natural or stocked lake?

Lots of people say this chris and it obviously is not the case . Live release works . This fish is a jig fish and its coming out of 50 ft of water during

the warmest water period (August/September) We tend to not bring them up too fast and try not to fight them hard around the boat (thats when they stress)

As well as a quick picture . I'm not going to lie but one of those times my friend dropped the fish in the bottom of the boat and it went under the seat and we

couldn't get it out for a bit , we thought she was a gonner but wouldn't you know it she slowly swam away and returned to our boat this past August alive and

well . These fish are more resilient then you think even when you unfortunately don't practice "good live release" at times

This is a natural lake trout lake chris .

Wow! So C&R is alive & well.

Sure does !!!

That's impressive for sure! Pretty cool! You'd think it would learn to not bite, eh? LOL

S.

Not to many people fish this lake so they don't see many lures

That's cool! What would be crazier is if you caught her on the same lure every year!

Actually we do , this is a jig fish coming out of 50 ft of water every time

When it,s the only one in the lake, of course your going to catch it 5 times.LOL

Thats amazing

I forgot to mention that Brian , every trip we only catch one fish .........LOL !!!

Not really .

That's funny Dave. What are the odds, nice to see he goes back every year. Nice job looks like a nice lake! I'd like to try and catch Luke the laker one these years...

Thanks Joe , ya maybe get you in there next year !

Two words of advice.

Lotto Tickets! :)

I have been told that a couple times

That's excellent and congratulations, and as someone else suggested it certainly shows that C&R works.

My best was a musky I caught 3 times in one season and another was a musky I caught twice in a weekend.

Sure does Lew , sounds like you have a couple C&R stories yourself

Judging by the way you/your friends are dressed in the pictures, that fish likes that bay all year round!

Have never caught it on our annual spring trip , just in August and September !