2015/2016 Hockey Thread

LostAnotherOne

I do not agree that this is different ,in that they have always given away there draft choices.

You're right that they have always give away there draft choices. But now they are acquiring draft choices instead of giving them away. This is the first time in at least 40 years that the Leafs have tried to rebuild by acquiring draft choices.

Trading away their draft choices for the past forty or so years has not produced good results. Maybe acquiring draft choices will. It won't be this year; but they may eventually have a good team with the draft choices that they acquire. If they continued on the old way then they might make the playoffs once in a while; but they would never go deep into the playoffs.

I am willing to wait a few years knowing that there is at least a chance (no guarantee) that they may actually have a really good team when their talent develops.

I actually felt a bit sorry for Phaneuf last night. Right off the opening draw he coughs up the puck and gives up a semi-breakaway 2 seconds into the game...I think maybe his nerves got the better of him. I'm not sure who won the fight but the tribute was kind of nice, notice they never did one for Kessel though.

I don't mind seeing reimer walk, he's good but needs to stay consistent for a full season before he can be considered a no. 1

Anyone see that polak and nurse scuffle? I would love to see round 2 when polak isn't jumped unsuspecting for hendricks losing an edge, hopefully nurse gets a game or 2, polak didn't even drop the gloves sheesh

Edited by Lucas F

Wow, 3 days since a post. You guys must really have had it with the laffs. The Sens win is anything but satisfying with the way the season has gone as well. Looks like the laffs will lock up last place so at least you got something out of the season. Hopefully Edmonton doesn't win the lottery this year. Sad state of affair for Canadian hockey when even the laffites won't jump into a little banter.

:(

Yup. Sad day when a Leaf fan is too disinterested to mock the Sens. Oh well, we're right where we should be to give us the 20% shot at first pick. It's going to take a long time to turn this ship around so no use getting hyped up about anything. If Edmonton gets first pick, I'm done forever! Lol

Yup. Sad day when a Leaf fan is too disinterested to mock the Sens. Oh well, we're right where we should be to give us the 20% shot at first pick. It's going to take a long time to turn this ship around so no use getting hyped up about anything. If Edmonton gets first pick, I'm done forever! Lol

If edmonton gets first pick someones working there mouth under the table pretty good for mr bettman

Edited by manitoubass2

Wow, 3 days since a post. You guys must really have had it with the laffs. The Sens win is anything but satisfying with the way the season has gone as well. Looks like the laffs will lock up last place so at least you got something out of the season. Hopefully Edmonton doesn't win the lottery this year. Sad state of affair for Canadian hockey when even the laffites won't jump into a little banter.

:(

Pretty sad when all a Sens fan has to talk about is the Leafs. The Sens games getting too boring for you Matt? Have to rattle up some entertainment.

Whats the difference between the leafs and the sens? One team is getting a really good player in the draft the year.

Pretty sad when all a Sens fan has to talk about is the Leafs. The Sens games getting too boring for you Matt? Have to rattle up some entertainment.

Whats the difference between the leafs and the sens? One team is getting a really good player in the draft the year.

Actually you guys went from winning the cup at the beginning of the year to bashing them shooting for last place to not saying a single thing. It had me worried the laffites had switch to curling or broomball or something.The Sens if anything are interesting any time they step on the ice either good or bad you never know what to expect lmao. And that draft pick, the laffs will probably trade him for a has been or underachiever if the win a couple back to back games thinking the cup run is on again!! :jerry:

Actually you guys went from winning the cup at the beginning of the year to bashing them shooting for last place to not saying a single thing. It had me worried the laffites had switch to curling or broomball or something.The Sens if anything are interesting any time they step on the ice either good or bad you never know what to expect lmao. And that draft pick, the laffs will probably trade him for a has been or underachiever if the win a couple back to back games thinking the cup run is on again!! :jerry:

Please please show me the post that says the Leafs are going to win the cup this year, from anyone in the forum. Unless I really missed something, virtually everyone knew the Leafs were going to have a rough year.

Leafs needed to get a couple descent players to build around.Had a chance. But Dave(drifter) said wait for July 1st before giving up. I do not like this whole rebuild again,I have let that be known.Maybe Dave is onto something???????????,don't know,but hope of something is a good thing. They definitely are not going anywhere anytime soon AGAIN

• 2 weeks later...

Babcock is falling into the same trap previous coaches have. Anyone remember the huge winning streaks in past years right after they've been officially eliminated. Any team can play loose as a goose when their is nothing at stake..... Interesting to see the TSN guys try to put a positive spin on this silliness. Can't even tank right! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: