2015/2016 Hockey Thread

LostAnotherOne

Ovie 500th goal tonight. Out of all the guys in the NHL there's only one guy I hope lifts the cup and that's him.

He's a trooper,gives every game,it's in his heart.The money I'm sure he likes,but how many slow down if you will after they made their millions.Love that guys drive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep given'r Ovie !!!

Ovie 500th goal tonight. Out of all the guys in the NHL there's only one guy I hope lifts the cup and that's him.

Yeah tough to not want to root for them now that they actually are gaining some steam, holtby hasn't lost in regulation yet and we're at the halfway point, that's crazy!

I watched the game the other day against NYR and it was great, especially his 499th the OT goal

• 2 weeks later...

dave, you are 10000% correct.

Music playing these days is absolutely horrible.

Brutal MP3's, cheap iphone/ipod/etc speakers....

Cheap stereo's.

Streaming of audio...listening to compressed crap and most kids (younger than 40) don't even have a clue what they are missing...

recordings are overloaded with volume, taking all audio dynamics out of the equation.

Its rather unfortunate that we are at a time when "getting" music is easier than ever, yet the quality of the sound itself is the worst it has ever been.

Video on the other hand....now that is much better than ever before.

I think it's reasonable that a guy should have to sit out a game if they claim to be too injured to coast around during the all-star game. It's part of their obligation whether they like it or not.

And good for John Scott for sticking it to the league and actually going to the all star game. If you haven't read his essay on the player's tribune I highly suggest taking a few minutes to read it. It definitely opened my eyes. I'll be rooting for him for sure. Today on hockey central he said he was going to score 6 goals between the two games and he's participating in the hardest shot and claims he has a shot in excess of 103 mph. I can't wait to see that.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/a-guy-like-me/

I read it yesterday Netminder. I say good for him. NHL has egg on their face over this saga. They tried to make him look like a knuckle dragging thug without realizing he is a very articulate individual. I hope the Habs bring him up to shake things up a bit for that organization. I wonder who was the NHL isiot who phoned him and asked him if he thinks his kids would be proud of him for participating in the ASG. Im betting it came from Bettman. The league is a joke and he has to go.