2 Top Bass tourney competitors caught red-handed

big guy

I remember years ago, I was 16 fishing in the old 50 hp and under series out on tri lakes. Toward the end of the day my dad and I pull into this shallow bay. I snag up and as I pull closer I notice a cage in the water filled with 5 decent bass. I remember may dad saying to me leave it alone it's there for a reason. Not knowing at the time there was 2 tournament directors waiting in the woods to take pictures of the cheaters. I can just see those guy thinking it was my dad and I. At the weigh in the cheaters brought up their fish from the cage. They then humiliated them in front of everyone. I remember the guys had a nice purple skeeter ss90 and telling my dad I wanted a boat like that. My dad told me to get a job and one day I could. We weighed in one fish lol... I still have the bailing bucket I won at the prize table. Things will never change, there will always be people who will find a way to take from others. Its just the way it is. Losers !

Edited by jtracc

Art

Lmao........ glad i could help Art.

But seriously though. What benefit does flying around a body of water at 50 mph in a $50,000 bass boat sporting gear that most of us cannot afford do to promote the sport of recreational angling?

But seriously though. What benefit does flying around a body of water at 50 mph in a $50,000 bass boat sporting gear that most of us cannot afford do to promote the sport of recreational angling?

zero......rather it gives the non fishers more ammo

Sure glad I only paid $7,500 for mine back then and did 54 mph. LOL :tease:

I don't see bass tournaments and tourney anglers the way you do, some guy works all week and likes to enter a bass tournament(once a month) and has the money to buy nice gear , a nice boat and enjoy his weekend and you think that is wrong?

what other changes do you think would save our fisheries?

I don't see bass tournaments and tourney anglers the way you do, some guy works all week and likes to enter a bass tournament(once a month) and has the money to buy nice gear , a nice boat and enjoy his weekend and you think that is wrong?

what other changes do you think would save our fisheries?

Pretty much exactly how I feel. Never fished a tournament and have no desire to do so...but don't begrudge those who enjoy it. IMHO there are lots of things more detrimental to the fisheries then tournaments that should be addressed 1st.

But to the original post. I hate cheaters. If they did it they deserve whatever punishment they get.

Agreed.

This situation really does suck....nothing can be done because the two "cheaters" legally didn't do anything wrong.

Now I'm curious if other tournaments can "ban" these guys....is that legal in Canada? Can you refuse entry to a public event when technically they weren't caught cheating....?

Edited by Steve

They r gonna ban themselves. They'd have to have really big xxxxx to enter again. If they did, it would be miserable for them.

I don't get or really like the whole tourney thing but on the flip side the amazing equipment we all enjoy would likely not be nearly at the same level were it but for bass tourney fishing - especially in the states.

This thread is way off topic anyways - it's not about tourneys it's about two scumbags who stole $$$ from honest (pro??) anglers.

Agreed.

This situation really does suck....nothing can be done because the two "cheaters" legally didn't do anything wrong.

Now I'm curious if other tournaments can "ban" these guys....is that legal in Canada? Can you refuse entry to a public event when technically they weren't caught cheating....?

Did they cheat or not? Solution is simple. "Ban" tournament fishing and there wont be anymore tourney cheaters. Just the regular run of the mill "non tourney" kind of cheaters. This morning my 77 year old father lost part of his lung to remove two cancerous tumors and is currently recovering. Am i the only one or does someone else realize just how "STUPID" this particular discussion is? Really STUPID!!! Edited by moxie

Did they cheat or not? Solution is simple. "Ban" tournament fishing and there wont be anymore tourney cheaters. Just the regular run of the mill "non tourney" kind of cheaters. This morning my 77 year old father lost part of his lung to remove two cancerous tumors and is currently recovering. Am i the only one or does someone else realize just how "STUPID" this particular discussion is? Really STUPID!!!

Your logic would make the solution for poaching simple too. Not popular though. The discussion is not stupid, just some of the content.

Best wishes for your father Moxie.

That CO should have left the trap and waited for them to pick them up. Woefully inept on the CO's part. But they will lay in wait to charge a couple of guys having a lite beer on a boat, I don't agree with beer on a boat for the Capt, but jeeze, a guy has 2 beers and they nab him or her. Sad.

I understand by the reports the MNR was called and they advised if they get involved, they would only release the fish .... much like the coppers, they wouldn't do anything :(

Steve is right, a lot of fishermen are talking about it....

The more we place this under the spotlight the better.

There are eye witness accounts of what happened on that day.... Some of them want to see charges brought... Can't say I blame them!

Tournament fishing will always be around, so it's best to expose those that break the rules and cheat for gain.

I for one hope these fellows get charged, given eye witness accounts I'm sure they have more then enough to lay charges.

Time will tell..... This is blowing up in FB right now, and the other competitors that fished this tournament are upset.....

And rightly so.... Remember the musky guy??

G

This thread isnt about banning tournament angling. It has been around for decades and isnt going anywhere.

The more people that see this thread, the better. It will serve as a deterrent to those thinking about making a quick buck.

Lets get back to the topic at hand.

Anyone know these guys or have any idea if they are saying anything? I think their only move is to come clean, pay back the money they "won" and then go hide under a rock and never try to compete again.

Top Bass hasnt said anything yet. Im assuming they are consulting a lawyer,which will take some time.

i'm not on FB.

i know of the one FB post (shawn i believe) where it was originally reported....

any other FB posts on the subject?

I sent you a PM on some I have read and even though you don't have a FB account you should be able to see the posts if you search by name