How Fast Does Your Boat Go ?

Mister G

08 Lund pro-v.200 4cyl verado,9.9 pro thrust,80lb Minn-kota Terrova,4 batteries,25 litre of fuel, 54mph at 6600rpm.

3ft waves fully loaded wife and dog 130litres+ 5800rpms.48mph.

Better not let Joey hear you say that. A comma would have saved your skin. :)

Bernie!! Did you get much more boat lift or more bow lift from the viper, An is it 3 or 4 blade.

Very interested in this prop.

Made a world of difference in the performance. The previous model year of my boat the complaint was that that it porpoises too easily. So the next model year they actually put a slight hook in the hull to make it run flatter. Trouble was it overdid it and it wouldn't come up.

So I had heard the Viper prop would help and put it on. I can actually get it to porpoise without blowing out.

Gained 5mph. Nothing but good things to say about it.

1999 Skeeter SS 90

90 hp merc (two stroke)

20 pitch lazer stainless prop

pro comp 6 inch jack plate (set back is 6 inches)

1 inch above pad................. 49 mph (78 kph) loaded for tournament and 53 mph (85 kph) just me and some gear full tank of gas and 3 batteries (my buddies call it the purple rocket)

2150 Lund Baron

275 Verado

9.9 Kicker

and lots of other heavy stuff. Fishing gear alone probably 300 to 400 pounds.

Generally I run it about 65 MPH, but sometimes I get up to 80 when I pull out to pass.

Once off loaded at the launch I like to cruise it at 34 MPH as it's the sweet spot for economy on the 275 Verado at about 9.8 usGPH which is a LOT less fuel than my old 115 2 stroke Johnson burnt just pushing a 17' Glastron at the same speed. But if I feel like burning gas or racing the bass boats it'll do 53 mph while drinking 32 usGPH.

2150 Lund Baron

275 Verado

9.9 Kicker

and lots of other heavy stuff. Fishing gear alone probably 300 to 400 pounds.

Generally I run it about 65 MPH, but sometimes I get up to 80 when I pull out to pass.

Once off loaded at the launch I like to cruise it at 34 MPH as it's the sweet spot for economy on the 275 Verado at about 9.8 usGPH which is a LOT less fuel than my old 115 2 stroke Johnson burnt just pushing a 17' Glastron at the same speed. But if I feel like burning gas or racing the bass boats it'll do 53 mph while drinking 32 usGPH.

Aren't smartcraft gauges great?

My former boat, I did a max of 58 mph. It was a Ranger 370V pushed by a 150 Optimax. My current boat will touch 42 mph and burn a heck of a lot more fuel. However the 9.9 4 stroke kicker will very comfortably do 1.1 - 6.4 mph.

I test drived this ride for 3 days this past week for an accessibility evaluation.

Harris Cruiser 200 modestly powered by a Merc 50

A9DA8369-A736-4F8E-A374-9697A49D0BDF_zps

25A5480B-A3DF-454B-831F-BA575AF5CD29_zps

18883399-C7DA-426F-9E38-8DA994950C7F_zps

Top speed 19 MPH !!!!!!

1A658266-6D82-45EE-9832-B70E288B869F_zps

Nice ride though :)

What, no Tiki bar. :rolleyes:

for an accessibility evaluation.

:clapping::clapping: ^^^^^^^^^^ :clapping::clapping:

Lots of them these days Simon on Simcoe here.

Even have two that are rigged up with down riggers. Now thats layed back and relaxed.

Edited by Brian B

Pikeslayer, nice looking rig...........very nice..........

The only thing I would change is the power station on the back "IF" you can........ E-TEC makes a pontoon special outboard in a 90 hp and I THINK a 60 hp that is gear for those pontoon boats. VERY quiet and very easy to put away because they put themselves to sleep for the winter. My son rented one in late June on a family vacation and I was VERY impressed.

A friend on another lake up here has one of those speedy pontoons.

His is a triple tube 20 something foot deal with a giant OB on the back.

The thing flies!!!! Even with 8 or 10 people on it. :D

I think it has a 150 or 200 on the back. :w00t:

I was very impressed with the one I seen Dave. You talk about a hole shot. Could make a bass boat owner cry, hell, even wet his pants. LOL Well maybe not fast, but for a toon, it was fine.

@ Brian

With a 3' Al folding ramp, Sean rolls easy from dock to deck & tons of room for maneuverability :) Sure beats the lift set up & tear down as well as limited room on board the Sylvan.

Which BTW is not going anywhere ;)

@ Dave

Yeppir, most of the better mfrs now offer a 3rd toon which runs deeper than the outer toons. Supposedly for improved steering (which I believe is true) as well as improved stability in 'open water' ????

As for the power, I would probably upgrade to a 90 max. Primary need is accessibility but we would see some recreational use as well.

@ Mr. G

Thx for the advice, will definitely consider.

Edited by pikeslayer

Definitely not haha. Strictly cottage boat. The package we trialled was definitely not suited to fishing. I'm trying to get the 'fishing' package demo lined up for next trip in 2 weeks.

ps. You sayin the Sylvan is 2nd class?????

welll,,,,, ya know... the thought of stretching out here,,,, one eye on the rigger, coffee cup resting on the seat next to me....of course you're the Captain so you would have to be at the helm..... I mean come on... the sylvan's nice, but this is CLASS.. :whistling:

18883399-C7DA-426F-9E38-8DA994950C7F_zps

but seriously - awesome set up for Sean

Edited by spincast