Workin' Down @ The Lake

If this were my place, I think the first thing I'd be investing in, would be a high volume gas water pump and a few lengths of fire hose. Maybe even install a perforated pipe, that would run the length of the roof ridge; it be like a soaker hose for the house.

It be a shame for all that work to go up like kindling.

Dan.

Way ahead of ya Dan.

Going to purchase a 85 psi 7,600 GPH pump that will feed agricultural sprinklers mounted on the roof and around the cabin.

It will also be used to fill my domestic water tank. ;)

8518250.jpg

Edited by DRIFTER_016

This is by far my favourite thread to keep up with, thanks Dave! Are you going to screen in the deck?

Not this deck.

Plan is to eventually have another deck off the front which will be connected to the side deck with a screened in octagonal gazebo.

Lost most of yesterday to rain, but got some stuff done today. All the decking is down and the roof framing has started. Looks like a bunch more rain over the next 3 days though. :( Hopefully get the rest of the posts tied into the cabin tomorrow so I can start work on the roof rafters. Need to get the sheathing down so I can measure and order my roofing. ;)

13719673_1492023890823945_65062285798796

Got back to the lake after lunch this afternoon. Decided to hang my basement doors. Came together pretty nicely considering it was put together with spare parts from my neighbours shop. Even the top header isn't a top header it's a divider for a 2 door setup that I went to town on with my angle grinder. Had to make a filler for the window cut out on the left door and do some body work on a dent in the right one. Have to do some paint touchups and install a pair of plates so you can't crowbar the door open still. :)

13754666_1495728633786804_71131387547790

Metal roofing is pretty darned heavy, will you need to barge it in, or wait until next year's ice road? Or ?????????

I said it before and I say it again, AWESOME!!!!!!!

Doug

Going to bring it in by boat.

Not looking forward to hauling it up the hill though. :(

The good thing is that the panels are only 16" wide.

I'm using Vic West's standing seam hidden fastener product.

http://www.vicwest.com/residential/products/steel-roofing/prestige