Workin' Down @ The Lake

Is that metal just nailed right to the plywood? What thickness ply wood did you use? I don't like things that are just nailed to plywood. They come free after time. Looks great though!

S.

Not nailed. Screwed down every 16" with expensive metal roofing screws. :D

Supposed to be able to withstand very high winds. Much more than traditional shingles.

It's also got a 50 year warranty. :good::good:

Not nailed. Screwed down every 16" with expensive metal roofing screws. :D

Supposed to be able to withstand very high winds. Much more than traditional shingles.

It's also got a 50 year warranty. :good::good:

Nice! Looks great!

S.

That is the proper stove pipe flashing for a metal roof but is much more expensive than regular metal flashing. It looks like it has some flex in it, not sure that is a good thing for the pipe. Notice is has some sheet metal covering the up side to prevent water seepage under the flashing. Put your pipe near the roof peak so that the snow siding off will not damage the pipe. Great job and know how info!

Three day long weekend at the lake.

Unfortunately the weather was sucky for most of it but it gave me time to do some inside work.

Finally finished the last couple of floor joists in the loft and got the rest of the floor sheathing done.

Then I got the landing done and started on the stairs.

20690428_2066063796753282_51294109509504

On Monday the weather finally broke and I got to spend the day on the roof.

Managed to get the ridge venting and tin work finished as well as the caulking that needed to be done.

The roof is FINISHED!!!!!!! I hope I don't need to go up there for a while now. ;)

20643303_2066063863419942_43525934452133

Looks like next weekend is going to be perfect for installing my rock cribs under the dock!!!!
20664392_2066897560003239_79614943995539
Seems summer isn't over yet. :clapping::clapping:

HURRY HURRY, you know the cold will be here in a couple of weeks. LOL

Looking great Dave.

You keep going the way you are, you got many a years to enjoy. Good work out for ya. :good:

Edited by Misfish

ive been creeping this thread for years but have never commented and I dont know why. Its perhaps one of my favourites though. keep up the good work! i still remember when you were leveling your foundation posts using a water hose!

LOL Creeper!!!! :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

FYI, it was a water level not a water hose.

Them water hoses are too hard to see through!!! :tease::tease::tease:

And thanks EH!!! :good:

Roof looks great! Your landing looks about 6" short though. If you had cut closed stringers it would have worked better. Stairs can be tricky, but they are a favourite of mine to build.

S.

When you go up there to give him a hand please let me know. I can come along to supervise and catch fish to feed us all..............