Workin' Down @ The Lake

How do you get a piece of land like that up there.

Is it a lease or do you purchase, and from who.

Just wondering.

Around here the govt used to let you mark out and lease a lot, and the railway did it for years as well.

All that has stopped as far as I know.

edit...reading your sled build I see you called it a lease..I assume 100 yr govt?

Can you pick your spot or are things designated

and again after further blog reading my questions are answered..thank you

Edited by Dara

• 3 weeks later...

Well today didn't go exactly as planned. Got my doors, couches and these two windows up to the cabin. While taking these windows up I going a bit too slow and got stuck at the last section of my hill and spun the track and buried the sled. Ended up catching a piece of gravel with the track and it hit my rad and put a hole in it.

Day over!!!! :(

Tomorrow I'll have to figure out hot to get the rad out of my sled and hopefully it can be welded up.

Have to borrow a buddies sled next week and get my windows in before it's too late.

Time for rum and hockey!!!

13043433_1401949473164721_12246678325560

Edited by DRIFTER_016

Ordered up a new rad for the sled @ lunch today.
Not totally insane price either @ $350.
Now the fun part. Seems I was right in assuming you have to completely disassemble the sled to replace it. :wallbash:
:wallbash: :wallbash:

The shop says it's 16 hrs labour.
Glad I know haw to do things for myself.

Even the motor has to be removed to get the thing out.

Edited by DRIFTER_016

You have your work cut out for you there...sorry about your luck.

Start with a nice clean shop and don't stop till you're done

Thats the venture, not the venture light right?

Edited by Dara

OK, same motor as my Vector...lots of fun taking that apart.

Isn't the rad up in front of the track?

go to Totally Yamaha for some good tips

http://www.ty4stroke.com/forums/rs-general-talk.14/

Yes it is.

But the brainy engineers in Japan figured it would be better to have it mount from the inside behind the motor.

Personally I would have had it bolt in from the outside.

But I'm no engineer!!! :whistling:

Look at it this way...you barely ever have to work on a Yamaha so they make it so the mechanic can make a couple bucks when he finally gets to :whistling:

Mine has 16,000 km on it now

Edited by Dara

Yeah, a bit of a pita to repair, but like Dara said, very unusual to have any issues. My venture rolled over 10K this winter. Works like a champ.

Thats a rough pill to swallow, but seriously, what are the chances of that even happening? Crazy.

S.

Yeah, a bit of a pita to repair, but like Dara said, very unusual to have any issues. My venture rolled over 10K this winter. Works like a champ.

Thats a rough pill to swallow, but seriously, what are the chances of that even happening? Crazy.

S.

I saw a Vector on the trail this winter...about an 06, with 32,000 miles on it, thats 53.000 km..it was broke, he thought maybe a bearing in the gear case let go.

I sold my Rage with 18,000 km

Borrowed a buddies sled and got my windows out to the cabin and safely stowed until I can get them installed. The main access point is getting sloppy with melt and mud but my other access point is still mint. Went in that way and came out the regular way. The alternate route is much smoother and will probably good for a couple of weeks still. :)

The ice on the lake is still perfect and there is no melting on it as yet. The snow melted and packed with the 3 days of warm weather earlier in the week but that makes it easier to get around. :good: :good:

13092094_1407822379244097_33788898600289

No issues getting from the ice road to the shore by the cabin this week.

Last week the snow was still thigh deep but this week maybe a few inches.

13062226_1407822385910763_37069655523116

The smaller windows all stowed inside.

13055346_1407822412577427_83579465126909

The big and heavy ones are outside.

13094369_1407822522577416_72552181167605

Lost most of the snow up by the cabin with the warm up this week too.

You wouldn't expect anything to be designed that can be repaired without taking it into a dealer would you Drifter? Try a DIY on a Benz, there is no such thing. The Germans make tools for every jib to be done, BMW's included, and Audi's while I'm at it. I restored a 69 SEL and there was a special "alien" wrench just to remove a door panel screw. Some tools are more a key than a wrench.

Something like replacing a rad in the bush is something you should be able to do during lunch break.

Edited by Old Ironmaker