Can't back up a trailer? Ford has an answer for that...

Gerritt

For everyone out there that has difficulty, or anxiety backing up a trailer (seen many posts here about this) it appears Ford has the answer...

Check this out.

http://www.wired.com/2015/05/ford-makes-backing-trailer-easy-turning-knob/

Now I wonder..... Will that have a knob to remind folks to put in the plug, and to remove the tie downs?

Either way pretty cool.

"Be a trailer hero"

G

Edited by Gerritt

Seriously, I do great looking in my mirrors backing up but if I turn around and look over my shoulder I get the directions messed upped. I am not a fan of those everything looks a mile away until you hit it mirrors on the passenger side.

Come on guys....embrace technology. Just look at our gps graphs!

Big difference between a GPS for navigation and a machine to back your trailer up because you don't know how.

Course that's just my opinion.

If you need a computer in your truck to back up your trailer for you because you can't do it yourself, you shouldn't be towing a trailer.

I would have normally agreed with this Lew; I've been backing up trailers since I was a kid on the farm and rarely ever have a problem.

That's until I bought this short wheel based (ball coupler to axle) trailer; it's like tiring to get a football to roll strait.

image2.jpeg

I'm slowly getting use to it; but slightest turn of the steering wheel and the trailer reacts twice as much.

Dan.

Not good. Just think of what will happen in tight locations. The amount of body work that will need to be done after will sky rocket!

Guys will have their head down on the screen and knob, and not watch the corners of their truck. Hope it comes with a backup beeper! ... so I can get the heck out of the way.

Entropy

I have no problem backing up but this does look pretty cool. Come on guys....embrace technology. Just look at our gps graphs!

Hmmm, if the launch ramps are stored in the GPS then perhaps the truck can back it in all by itself... just hope nobody is standing in the way.