Pike fishing

shimano19

Hey everyone, I'm looking to take my dad pike fishing this weekend on our boat hoping to land some nicer sized ones. We don't target them very much so I would appreciate if someone led me in the right direction in terms of what lake to try, willing to travel 2-3 hours from toronto. Thanks

Over the years I have caught tons of good pike here.

Any of the bays and narrows are good this time of year.

There are also some giant crappie to be caught here now too. ;)

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Honey+Harbour,+ON/@44.875937,-79.8201529,2097m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x4d2ae7a34a9fdca3:0x73782744a5fe9b47

Gloucester pool, (one of my choice fishing lakes) or Island lake at Orangeville-but is motor free, not sure on the regs for both this weekend, but there are pike. I may head to one of them if open this weekend.

Gloucester pool, (one of my choice fishing lakes) or Island lake at Orangeville-but is motor free, not sure on the regs for both this weekend, but there are pike. I may head to one of them if open this weekend.

Gloucester pool I will Definately agree is a beauty spot for monster "fish"(especially bass).....numbers At island lake are there, but trophy pike....Forage base ain't there for any Consistent bigguns'

Edited by buick14

Id recommend HH, ill be at gloucester pool for the whole weekend. Dont usually do too well there though.

A decent amount of 'Ok' pike (say 5-8lbs) but you'd be hard pressed to get anything bigger with consistency.. Some giant muskies, but those are few and far between. I fish it all the time (Probably 2-3 times a week once late May hits).. Fun lake, the boat traffic can be awful however and she whips up quick with the right wind.

Don't you need a harbour permit for the toronto islands? And I heard the launch is a decent drive away.

Yes, if you are driving a motorized boat (even if it is just an electric motor) you need a harbour license around the islands. The public boat launches are Ashbridges Bay to the east or the Humber River to the west.