Goals for this year

Paudash

Have a new shift at work. Work Sat, Sun, Mon, 12hr shifts, off Tues to Friday. My goal is to really hit the bass and perch in the Magnettawan. Lots of pike and pickerel in river too. Left my boat up north for the winter.(won't do that again). I also want to learn the lakes close to the GTA. Some info on this would be very helpful.

I started participating in OFC last August and since that time a few very generous friendly knowledgeable members have provided more guidance than any person could ask for.

The interesting thing for me is that I can pin point the exact day that my fishing addiction went off the charts and that was the day that after long discussions about tactics and presenations, I caught my first top water Georgian Bay Smallmouth. From that day I have been fully addicted to fishing.

The best part is that 2 of my great friends are also enthusiastic about fishing and feeding off of eachother our passion for fishing has grown even more. Collectively we have agreed on a set of goals for this season.

1. a 4+lb smallie or a 5lb largie

2. Kawarthas Musky 35" or more

3. Personally, a 15+lb northern.

Got a few for this season, first is the same as every Spring. Goal is to catch 4 or 5 nice rainbow's on the small flatfish/quikfish & spinners using my spinning outfit, always a blast fishing 5 or 6 days after opener and catching trout on reaction baits...no bobber watching for me so this might not be as easy to do but I like the challenge.

Second goal is to of course break the PB Largemouth, need a 7lb largemouth to do this.

Third goal is to break my smallmouth PB out on those small lakes I fish every summer, had one close to 5lbs, went to stoney weeks later and got one a 1/4lb over 5 was stoked but still want to break the 5lb Smallmouth mark on my lakes, should make for a fun August/September when I make my 2 week and 1 week trips this summer.

And the last goal is to have a successful Musky opener on Scugog. Taking the old man and my uncle out for a day of trolling and casting, got some smaller Musky baits should be a good challenge we got the equipment so always love a new challenge.

30 inch walleye, now thats a mission. Hope you plan on spending some time on quinte

Lots of places to get 30in walleyes that aren't Quinte :) I put 3 in the boat in an afternoon a few years ago.

Of course Mike had to up me with a 32in monster, lol!

I set some goals for myself beginning of january

1. 40 inch pike through the ice - check

2. 10+ pound walleye through the ice - check

3. 15+ pound laker through the ice - check

4. 20+ catfish in the spring - almost there just shy of 20 so far but lots of time left

5. another 50 inch muskie this summer - cant wait for LOTW and St Clair.

6. 15 pound walleye this fall . I know its a stretch but ya never know. hahaha got close last year with a solid 14.