Fingers crossed

lew

If you haven't already heard, a 3 year old boy wandered away from his 401/Bathurst area apartment last night and security cameras showed him walking out of the building around 4 AM wearing only a T-shirt.

Just heard he was found awhile ago laying outside with no vital signs.

Lets hope the doctors can pull one out of the hat for this poor kid.

Edited by lew

Not that it really matters anymore but they were a "pull up" diaper so somewhat similar to under pants and perhaps only used for night time.

The sad part of this is that this poor little boy died cold and alone and there is very little that anyone could have done to forsee this.

Who would expect their three year old to get up at 4 am put on his boots leave his appartment, make his way to the lobby and exit the building on one of the coldest nights of the winter. One can only wounder what he was looking for.

I feel the same sentiment Cliff... What was this young lad thinking? How did he get out of the apartment in the first place? Were the doors not locked? They mention several times the boy was staying with "family" they dont mention his parents? Perhaps the boy just wanted to go home?

Tragic loss for certain.

G

This is a terrible tragedy!

For you people with young children, PLEASE READ MY SUGGESTION!

Lock your house/apartment doors with a door knob lock, security bolt & a security chain mounted high on the door so a youngster cannot reach the chain. My daughter has a youngster at home & they follow this procedure AT ALL TIMES! Even when there is a houseful of guests. She is the one who educated me on the fact a youngster could readily open a door & walk away. We must protect young children. They are unaware of the dangers.

When our son was 3 I woke up early....before 6AM...one morning in early spring and heard someone talking in our backyard. Looked out the window and saw our son sitting at our picnic table wearing only underwear, shivering and babbling away to himself. No clue how long he was out there. We are within 200yards of highway#2 one way and Oshawa Creek the other way. Scared us to death.

But for the grace of God we could have experienced something as tragic as this family is now dealing with. I really feel for them all.

My cousin was found at 5 years old on the roof of his second story house ( neighbour called my uncle ). His bedroom window was promptly permanently crewed shut. Crazy stuff happens my cousins father is a dr. It can happen to anyone. Such a sad story. May his family and his soul find peace.

My youngest who is 15 now got out a couple times in the early morning when he was about 2. Luckily my wife heard him closing the door. After the second time we had an alarm system installed and he set it off a few times trying to get out to play. I dont understand why some want to place judgment on the fact a 3 year is wearing diapers,yes most kids are out of them before age 1.5 but alot of kids wear pull ups at night at age 3 ,which i think the young boy was wearing. RIP very tragic,horrible way for anyone to die let alone a 3 year old.