New Evinrude

kickingfrog

I agree old school 2 strokes are "becoming history" but the new E-Tech engines will be around a lot longer then all of us on this planet.

P.S. I'm not sure if even the "small" old school 2 strokes engines will become history anytime soon because they are not making them in 4 stroke or E-Tech design to the best of my knowledge. Maybe someone else can chime in on those real small outboards... 2 hp - 6 hp engines.

I think it is the other way around. Four stroke is the only option in those small motors. In the larger sizes you can get either four stroke or an E-Tec / Optimax type two stroke. I don't think they are allowed to make the old school two strokes anymore.

I think it is the other way around. Four stroke is the only option in those small motors. In the larger sizes you can get either four stroke or an E-Tec / Optimax type two stroke. I don't think they are allowed to make the old school two strokes anymore.

OH, OK.......I stand corrected.

They will sell you anything you want when buying a new boat. They will give you below wholesale as a credit for the motor you don't want and charge well above retail for the engine you do want. Any dealer will gladly take your money. My dear Nono used to say if you had enough money you could make Niagara falls run backwards.

Somehow Ranger has gotten my email and I can't help but notice they are now. all powered with E-Tech outboards........is there any boat out there that is not package anymore........at one time you just had to choose a marina that had the boat you liked and they usually could put on at least 2 different manufacture motors if not more.

http://www.mydreamrig.com/?utm_source=MDR&utm_medium=EBLAST&utm_campaign=VS1780

Ranger will rig your boat with any major motor brand you want. The last time I went to a marina, a rep for Ranger was there and indicated that the buy out of BPS will not affect your selection of motors. You can still request a Yammy, Merc, rude or Suzuki. It will more depend on the dealer you buy from.

It's just Lew's next shipment of Skeeters heading for Peterborough! He'll be pissed they put the wrong motors on though...

...or are they Rangers?

I was at Terrys the other day. That truck pulled up. I said where the heck you going to park that. He said,on the back of your truck. FOR ME :w00t: But I dont have a hitch yet. :wallbash: Oh well he says. Take it away driver. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COME BACK :(:(:(:(:(

Hi

I don't comment often but thought some clarification might help.

Contrary to North East Sharks opinion The new Etec's are far from junk and is why you see them on more and more new hulls. The new Evinrude 2 stroke technology is actually cleaner than the 4 strokes and provides comparable or even better fuel economy while delivering all round better performance. They are quiet (comparable to the same HP in a 4 stroke) don't require any oil changes and in my opinion on the larger HP models are less costly to operate.

As far as Ranger boats are concerned you can order any one of their boats with any brand of outboard you prefer. Ranger is not affiliated with or married to any one brand of outboard. There is no penalty or below wholesale credits etc. applied to the cost. The boats are typically ordered from a dealer that sells and services specific brands of engines and the customer can choose which brand and what HP model they want on their new boat.

I suspect that the shipment in the picture was headed up to Orleans boat World in Ottawa, but I'm not sure.

Cheers

Randy

Edited by RandyLinden

People like to write what they believe is correct even though they have no first hand experience.

My earlier post I wrote that Yamaha sucks back more fuel than a E-Tec. I also wrote that my boat originally came with a Yamaha and I repowered with a E-Tec. So I know first hand that a Yamaha uses more fuel.

And making a comment about a comparably sized outboard of one brand using less fuel is not like some guy buying a full sized 4x4 pickup and complaining about bad fuel economy.

I had a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee with a 4.7 HO. I now drive a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel.

Guess which one uses less fuel....

Edited by Sour_Squirrel

I would like to just stick a point in here that those clean fire 2 stroke engines are the real deal. The same technology was developed for snowmobiles so you really have a larger crowd funding to develop the technologies.

The tech is no longer new either, those clean fire 2's came out almost a decade ago so id imagine the kinks are really starting to work their way out. Cant complain about the holeshot power of a two stroke either, its undeniable.

im not going to hate on yamaha 4 stroke tech though, theyve got small four strokes on lock down as far as im concerned.

Edited by AKRISONER

People like to write what they believe is correct even though they have no first hand experience.

My earlier post I wrote that Yamaha sucks back more fuel than a E-Tec. I also wrote that my boat originally came with a Yamaha and I repowered with a E-Tec. So I know first hand that a Yamaha uses more fuel.

And making a comment about a comparably sized outboard of one brand using less fuel is not like some guy buying a full sized 4x4 pickup and complaining about bad fuel economy.

I had a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee with a 4.7 HO. I now drive a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel.

Guess which one uses less fuel....[/quote.............................................................................................. Anytime ya wanna compare apples and oranges feel free to message me ..I've bought and used ETecs since 07 on a daily basis from April till end of November ..I currently have a yammy on my personal boat and I'll keep it that way

Edited by North East Shark

I'm not too knowledgable about the specifics on boat motors and brands, but my old legend had a merc 4 stroke. From new I had nothing but issues with that thing. Finally got sick of being stranded on the lake and upgraded to a 2009 etec. Let the issues begin. In 2 1/2 seasons, that thing went through 5 computers. ( good thing I got the extended warranty). In one summer it was in the shop for 7 weeks. Sold that boat with the etec, and upgraded my boat. Had it powered with a Yamaha 4 stroke. Not one issue in 2 full seasons. (Touch wood). Fuel mileage isn't as great, but I'm willing to sacrifice that for reliability.

Just my personal experience. Nothing more.

I'm not too knowledgable about the specifics on boat motors and brands, but my old legend had a merc 4 stroke. From new I had nothing but issues with that thing. Finally got sick of being stranded on the lake and upgraded to a 2009 etec. Let the issues begin. In 2 1/2 seasons, that thing went through 5 computers. ( good thing I got the extended warranty). In one summer it was in the shop for 7 weeks. Sold that boat with the etec, and upgraded my boat. Had it powered with a Yamaha 4 stroke. Not one issue in 2 full seasons. (Touch wood). Fuel mileage isn't as great, but I'm willing to sacrifice that for reliability.

Just my personal experience. Nothing more.

All E-Tech originally came with a 3 year warranty and last year upgraded it to a 5 year warranty and this it's a 7 year warranty all at no extra cost.

all mfgs will have issues, even my 4 year old (praise) yamaha had one. i still think it's a fine motor

warrantys are nice but they are not much good when you're out on the lake stranded or your vacation gets ruined due to a motor failure.

Silly boys arguing about E-Tecs and Yammies, especially when we all know Merc rules. Why just the other day I blew by an Etec with my 200 Verado like he was standing still, wait............., maybe he was standing still............. anyhooo, they're all good these days, just pick one you like and go fishing.