Keep Your Lights On(NF)

Parnelly

Was on my way out to a buddy's house to finish some drywall work I had been doing, and was pulled over by the Peterborough police. Fined 110 dollars for not having my lights on at 1:50 in the afternoon.

Took this picture while pulled over.

IMG_20150124_135821_zpsnwxyx2eb.jpg

He cited section 62(1) on the ticket,

Lamps required on all motor vehicles except motorcycles
62. (1) When on a highway at any time from one-half hour before sunset to one-half hour after sunrise and at any other time when, due to insufficient light or unfavourable atmospheric conditions, persons and vehicles on the highway are not clearly discernible at a distance of 150 metres or less, every motor vehicle other than a motorcycle shall carry three lighted lamps in a conspicuous position, one on each side of the front of the vehicle which shall display a white or amber light only, and one on the rear of the vehicle which shall display a red light only. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 62 (1).

No real crime today im guessing?

I drove to Peterboro and back today, with my lights on, and noted WAY too many vehicles that were barely visible as they didn't have even day light running lights on.

BUT.. they were out looking for money, as I left the TSC store on Landsdowne St East.. 5 cops.. 3 cars in the parking lot pointing 2 radar guns down Landsdowne to get folks going East in the 50!

Today wasn't probably worth the ticket.. and I'd fight it with that picture as you can see at least a 1000 feet! Now other days, I think too many people in their GM's with automatic lights should learn how to turn them on manually!

Edited by irishfield

Definitely a bad call in my opinion, And I will be seeing him in court.

My daytime running lights are always on. They come on when the vehicle is started. Even in my old civic, as soon as the e-brake was released the drl's would come on.

He claimed it was inclimate weather, and I had my windshield wipers on. Also that because my vehicle is gray, its harder to see.

Now be honest with us Parnelly.. was it the lessor of evils... $110 for no lights... or $200 + points for the speeding? :ninja:

Haha, Good one. I wasnt speeding, and when he came and asked for my papers I had to ask why I was pulled over. To be completely honest, I was eating a hamburger. Apparently that wasnt a problem though.

I also have a perfect driving record, and have never had any problems like this before. (knocks on wood)

If he really wanted to get me, my Ford Escape, has a lock on the receiver which is full of salt, and I cant get the key in it. Hitch is on all the time. I would have gladly taken that one.

Edited by Parnelly

If he really wanted to get me, my Ford Escape, has a lock on the receiver which is full of salt, and I cant get the key in it. Hitch is on all the time. I would have gladly taken that one.

And why would you get a ticket for a hitch in the receiver. There was a bunch of Yorkie Porkies that went nuts giving tickets for that last year, Judge threw them all out, told the fuzz to get a life.

Just my 2 cents....

I would recommend fighting it.....you have nothing to lose.

File for disclosure.....see what happens.

I could recommend a great web-site but am not sure if I can post it here.......shoot me a PM if you like.

Used the advice to fight a "disobey sign" HTA 149 (9) and won......

Don't plead guilty with an explanation....fight it!

Meely

Edited by Meely

As matter of fact... just as I returned to town today... I came across an accident at the lights on William St. Entire front end missing off a car, with a 70's or so aged couple sitting in it, and a WHITE Yukon that had just removed same. Not sure who ran the red light, but I guess white is hard to see! lol