It happened in a split second! Updated!

Big Cliff

Don't get me going guys... try having a daughter that for over a year was told she hurt herself playing volleyball and why she was walking with a cane. That year has probably cost her her life when it comes right down to it. Hopefully not, but based on the past 4+ years there's not a huge amount of hope that sooner or later one of these Mets isn't going to finally get her.

And yes Cliff.. we already knew it was "hard" !

Edited by irishfield

Don't get me going guys... try having a daughter that for over a year was told she hurt herself playing volleyball and why she was walking with a cane. That year has probably cost her her life when it comes right down to it. Hopefully not, but based on the past 4+ years there's not a huge amount of hope that sooner or later one of these Mets isn't going to finally get her.

And yes Cliff.. we already knew it was "hard" !

Cliff take care of your hard head!.

Wayne I know the feeling with my wife with colitis for 15 years, don't know if you are coming or going sometime :(

Always hope for the best but expect something to go the other way. She was very fortunate that they made the right decision.

Hardly a day goes by that I don't think of Wayne's family and the way they have been handling adversity with their major health issues. I'm uplifted by their actions.

Please realize I'm not being critical of anybody. Wayne deserves plenty of slack and no matter how he handles his ups and downs he's okay with me.

That Irish family is one strong bunch.

Thanks Connie... talk about thread creep! lol

We're positive ALL the time, but we also have to be realists to do so. It's all just a test after all....

"Healthy" today and we wait / worry for tomorrow.. and tomorrow after that!

Now back to Cliff's head... you buy cleats yet??

I was hesitant to post to this thread for fear of transferring bad jojo... Talking about all the negatives.

I am glad and happy to hear you are well.

One word of advice?

Keep your helmet on! :)

But seriously, I'm thankful your ok.

G

Thanks Connie... talk about thread creep! lol

We're positive ALL the time, but we also have to be realists to do so. It's all just a test after all....

"Healthy" today and we wait / worry for tomorrow.. and tomorrow after that!

Now back to Cliff's head... you buy cleats yet??

Doing a lot of the "one day at a time" stuff too Wayne so I totally understand!

Studs are installed on a set of "Ice Only" boots so the odds of this happening again are much reduced but I have to be honest I am now paranoide about walking on ice in parking lots or anywhere else.

I have long reached that point of not worrying about "if" I fall down. It's all about "when" I fall down. Thankfully with all the falls I've not hit my head or had a concussion. If Judy knew so much as a tenth of the times I've fallen, she'd have me smothered in bubble wrapped and locked in my room.

Many years ago my Mom's sister slipped on the ice on the sidewalk in front of her house and hit her head very hard and whatever damage it caused, it completely paralysed her down one side of her body, much like a serious stroke would do.

It's scary how fast a simple fall can completely ruin the rest of your life.

Wayne, get your head out of that nasty spot!!! That is not where you are allowed to go. You have to think positive. Trust me, I know it is hard. Your daughter is one hell of a fighter. Cliff, good to hear you are OK.

Tougher then pretty much everyone I would think.

Speaking of 'weird' stories my brother in law stepped out the front door if their house last winter, took a giant icicle right to the head, woke up on the ground something like 15mins later. Completely messed him up, still feeling the effects to this day (Headaches, etc)..

Edited by BillM