cooking thread...

I can only open this subject after I'm stuffed. Made one of those small stuffed Turkey Breasts from Butter Ball just the 2 of us today, usually a house full. I wasn't impressed nor was my wife. The garlic mashed taters were fantastic, oh plus the 2" thick fresh Ont. spring lamb chops on the Q, saved Easter dinner.

• 1 month later...

Spicy BBQ ribs.

Peeled off the silver skin and excess fat.

Wow there was a lot of boneless tail meat on this one. Bonus.

Dry rubbed with , smoke Paprika,yellow curry, garlic and lots of black pepper.

GOPR0458.JPG

My own BBQ sauce recipe. Just enough bite to say, HELLO . :w00t::lol:

DSCF3579.JPG

And lets eat

DSCF3581.JPG :canadian::canadian:

I LOVE ribs!!!! They are on the menu for my Summer Solstice BBQ here at the house on (of course) 21 June. And I am going to sacrifice one of my last bottles of Iron Arse BBQ sauce to make them extra special!!!!

Doug

Was treated to a porterhouse and oysters rockefeller with asparagus on the side at a friend's house.... Amazing! No pics as I am sure everyone would've looked at me like I had three heads, but hoooooollllyyy oysters were amazing

Edited by Lucas F

I LOVE ribs!!!! They are on the menu for my Summer Solstice BBQ here at the house on (of course) 21 June. And I am going to sacrifice one of my last bottles of Iron Arse BBQ sauce to make them extra special!!!!

Doug

Noooooooo!!! Not the whole bottle Doug. You gotta ration it man. :)

Btw last word I got is that the president Garry Janz is working on it with the Crazy Canuck Smoker crew to get some new supplies but don't know when at this point. He's presently out on the East coast for a ride event there so I haven't contacted him yet.

Cheers

Pulled a couple of chicken breast to go with the left over half of ribs from yesterday. Dry rubbed with yellow curry and garlic.

GOPR0507.JPG

Indirect cooked for 1.5 hrs. Yellow goodness.

GOPR0513.JPG

Basted with some stuff in the fridge.Cherry juice and plum sauce. Was tasty. Always thinking just outside the box.

GOPR0514.JPG

Edited by Misfish

Noooooooo!!! Not the whole bottle Doug. You gotta ration it man. :)

Btw last word I got is that the president Garry Janz is working on it with the Crazy Canuck Smoker crew to get some new supplies but don't know when at this point. He's presently out on the East coast for a ride event there so I haven't contacted him yet.

Cheers

Bud, there are four full racks of ribs going onto the Q. Even with rationing, that is going to kill my second last bottle.

I had a spit left in my THIRD last bottle, added some Italian dressing and some wine, swished it around, and put it on some BBQ burgers tonight. So yes I am down to my last pair............... :(

Doug

Tonight we celebrated my little George's 2nd birthday, We tried something other than the usual fish fry . We opted for fish tacos (chicken for the one uncultured barbarian in our clan who will not eat fish). Crappies and bluegill fillets lightly floured with garnishes of lettuce, mixed peppers, tomato, shredded cheeses, sour cream and salsa. Not a scrap of fish or chicken leftover either.

• 3 weeks later...

Thats some nice looking ribs Lucas. Long weekend coming. I see a bacon wrap of someth,n and ya, some ribs too. :canadian:

Brian, bacon wrapped baked potatoes! Good sized bakers and completely wrap them in bacon, using tooth pics to hold the bacon in place. I suggest that they are best done in the oven, 375 for about an hour. BBQ tends to flare up a bit with the bacon drippings.

HH

Brian, bacon wrapped baked potatoes! Good sized bakers and completely wrap them in bacon, using tooth pics to hold the bacon in place. I suggest that they are best done in the oven, 375 for about an hour. BBQ tends to flare up a bit with the bacon drippings.

HH

Joe Im a indirect cooker, so they would work that way off the heat. BUT, you got my brain a stirring now. How about a stuffed bacon wrapped potato ????? Oh the devil in us eh.LOL

Joe Im a indirect cooker, so they would work that way off the heat. BUT, you got my brain a stirring now. How about a stuffed bacon wrapped potato ????? Oh the devil in us eh.LOL

I've already done that Brian!

Baked the potato, cut in half the long way and scooped out the middle leaving something similar to potato skin, Using the potato innards, I added three kinds of cheese, pick any you like, bacon bits (REAL!) chopped green onions and stuff that mixture back into the two halves of the potato. Put the two sides back together and wrap it up in a few slices of bacon. Tooth pics to hold it all together. (I hate maple bacon, but I mistakenly bought some and used it on this recipe and I was pleasantly surprised by how it came out.) Big blob of sour cream was the icing on the cake.

HH

It's a bit of work, but tasty. For less work and almost as good, just wrap the potato in bacon and bake it.

HH

I do a lot of bacon wrapped stuff (peppers,waterchestnuts,veggies etc) on my BBQ,use the upper rack with a foil tray underneath to catch the drippings.