What's your biggest fish through the ice?

manitoubass2

Looking at the "ice gators" thread and it brings alot of excitement to me about my next pike outing on LOTW.

Pike are wicked fun through the ice, especially 35" plus.

I didn't want to derail that thread so I thought I'd ask OFC what the biggest fish they caught through the ice were?

Bonus points for pics?

Here is a decent sturgeon incidentally caught at my Family Day walleye derby last year.

These were gnarly fights on walleye gear!!!

No measurement but definitely over 60"

PSX_20150105_223904_zps1yegblpp.jpg

I got a photo of a young fellow with a 55" sturgeon somewhere as well. Boy was he happy? I'll have to see if I can locate it.

So, where are your pics/stories?

A 55 pound Bat Ray in the Keys. Ooops through the ice not ice in my drink. We didn't weigh it but I pulled a 38" Northern through the hole on Nip many years ago. Last fish on a Sunday afternoon of 3 days, got me the 40 bucks for big fish. Never give up, might get you 40 bucks.

BTW, nice Burbot Jeremy84, keep it up. I've never caught one after 35 years fishing.

Caught this pike last winter fishing for walleye with 8lb test and small minnow fishing alone. Had a hell of a time getting its head started in the hole. Was 43.5 inches long and weighed 24.5lbs. Its getting mounted, hope to get it back soon.

Pike.jpg

Edited by Fishabout

Thanks lew, I still giggle when I think about that fish!

You and me both bud! That fish was absolutely amazing and that trip was probably one of the most memorable fishing days I've had in a long time! Another view of Bill's leviathan...that's an 8" hole!!! IMG-20140201-00314_zps1a9dcbde.jpg

Edited by wallacio