Whats your best way to talk the spouse into letting you go fishing after having fished alot already this summer?

Shloim

In no particular order, but must do continually: Cut and trim the grass, rake the leafs, take out the garbage, cut the wood, touch up paint where required, finish all other outdoor chores, fill her car with gas, bring her car in for service when required, do the grocery shopping, cook every meal all the time (regardless if its fish or not), mop and vacuum the floors, do the laundry, pick up and drop off the kids from school, help them with homework to completion, actively listen to her vent about her day and empathise, take the kids with you fishing if they want otherwise have an activity to keep them busy while you go, ensure the wife has her own plans while your fishing or has her own time another time to do what she likes on her own while you take care of the kids, when in 'alone time without the kids' please your wife first, time your ask for when she's in a good mood (flowers and jewelery work), make sure there are no other family commitements at the time you want to fish. Explain that fishing is a healthly hobby, ask her to join you. Do not complain to her about any aspect of your outing no matter how bad the weather was, the bite was, what happened to your gear or how tired, hungry or heat stroked you are.

Wetting a line ... priceless.

Edited by manjo39

In no particular order, but must do continually: Cut and trim the grass, rake the leafs, take out the garbage, cut the wood, touch up paint where required, finish all other outdoor chores, fill her car with gas, bring her car in for service when required, do the grocery shopping, cook every meal all the time (regardless if its fish or not), mop and vacuum the floors, do the laundry, pick up and drop off the kids from school, help them with homework to completion, actively listen to her vent about her day and empathise, take the kids with you fishing if they want otherwise have an activity to keep them busy while you go, ensure the wife has her own plans while your fishing or has her own time another time to do what she likes on her own while you take care of the kids, when in 'alone time without the kids' please your wife first, time your ask for when she's in a good mood (flowers and jewelery work), make sure there are no other family commitements at the time you want to fish. Explain that fishing is a healthly hobby, ask her to join you. Do not complain to her about any aspect of your outing no matter how bad the weather was, the bite was, what happened to your gear or how tired, hungry or heat stroked you are.

Wetting a line ... priceless.

You forgot: Spend two days of your holidays helping an old man do his interlock! You are one very wise young man!!!!! :clapping:

A very wise man once told me " How you get em is how you'll keep em" I cringe when someone says I'll need to get permission from the wife. Shloim it's not to late, you absolutely have to stop looking at you doing something you love by only getting permission to do it. A lot of us out here have many years of service in the field of domestic relationships, hell I've been married for 42 years, 3 different women but it all counts. My future ex wife and I have been together for 23, so I'm finally doing something right for a change, like loving her madly because she doesn't want to change me and she told me off the top "I'm not your Mother". If I don't hold up my part of the bargain it will be future ex for certain. If what you are saying is that perhaps a day out on the water isn't in the budget well that's different, your asking permission to risk going into the red. Fishin ain't cheap.

It's compromise my friend otherwise it will be hell, for a very long time, or a short time, your choice.

I never have and never will ASK permission to go fishing !!!! I have told my gf when we first got together that "I was an addict fishean before you came along " and that "I will be an addict fishermen long after you are gone" !!!!! So that will never change !!!! But I have had friends that have to ask permission to do anything well that doesn't go over well with me that's for sure !!!! All I ask is that if there is some commitment I need to attend or she would like me to do something to give me plenty of warning days or even a week or 2 in advance !!! As my weekends from march till November are always booked up for fishing !!!! And then it's snowmobiling and she is used to that now ...... So it's all good

All the smart and cute remarks are ok but in reality when I want to go fishing I always check with Sue to make sure it isn't going to interfear with other plans we might have.

It isn't about asking permission, it is about being courtious and considerate of the other person. Sue would never say NO but she might point out that we already had another comittment that neaded to be taken into consideration.

I suspect that many of you long timers are in the same boat, permission not, respectful yes. :)

Guys don't get me wrong I'm not a permission type of guy and nor is it required. However I as most of us do, have responsibilities. She does 200x more around the house and for the kids etc. A lot of it is my own guilt as I leave her with both kids all the time. So I'm going to call it a stroke of genius some may call it desperation, but I figured it out. I asked my zone if he'd want to go if we brought one of his buddies and he went for it. So it's on! fishing the Trent around big chute and likely a staying the night Saturday at a friends cabin/ cottage (rustic and under construction like everything I've got). Some great replies though as I've come to expect from the fine folks here....

You forgot: Spend two days of your holidays helping an old man do his interlock! You are one very wise young man!!!!! :clapping:

:) Appreciate the kind words Cliff ...

All the smart and cute remarks are ok but in reality when I want to go fishing I always check with Sue to make sure it isn't going to interfear with other plans we might have.

It isn't about asking permission, it is about being courtious and considerate of the other person. Sue would never say NO but she might point out that we already had another comittment that neaded to be taken into consideration.

I suspect that many of you long timers are in the same boat, permission not, respectful yes. :)

:worthy:

I watch and learn from the best.

Smart cracks aside - Cliff is bang on.

I try to treat her as well it better than she treats me and she treats me perty darned good.

I used to ask but now u just run it by her as a courtesy. I don't want to be in a relationship where I need permission not would I want one where I just did whatever "I" wanted.

Smart cracks aside - Cliff is bang on.

I try to treat her as well it better than she treats me and she treats me perty darned good.

I used to ask but now u just run it by her as a courtesy. I don't want to be in a relationship where I need permission not would I want one where I just did whatever "I" wanted.

Happy wife = happy life

Edited by Shloim