tb4me

Laffers are always happy until the wheels fall off the bus.....which should happen....wait for it......right....about......now!

bahahahaha

:w00t::rofl2:

Haven't you been watching the past couple of seasons. The wheels do not fall off the bus. It's an eighteen wheeler, all wheels fully in tact that drives off a cliff.

But based on the one preseason game that I watched upto the 3rd period last night with half Marlies and Nylander playing, and given their 2-0 record so far in games that mean nothing, I think they will win the cup this year. Just saying.

Go leafs! I'm picking Kadri in the pool this year.

Edited by manjo39

It's a contract year for Nazi... if he expects to make 1st or 2nd line centre money, he'd better be more consistent this year. Is he going to be worth Bozak money? Can he play a two way game. Can he win a face-off in his own zone?

This will be a make or break year for young Nazi.

HH

Boys, we got beat twice last night including at home where our first line NHL team was unable to tame mostly AHL players. It's heartbreaking.
I've had good talks with some leafs and I have to be honest with you, the coaching and management don't want a win. They've told certain players who have the ability to light the lamp to basically hold back and stick to defensive end. I hear this from the players themselves. Don't get your hopes up ;)

Boys, we got beat twice last night including at home where our first line NHL team was unable to tame mostly AHL players. It's heartbreaking.

I've had good talks with some leafs and I have to be honest with you, the coaching and management don't want a win. They've told certain players who have the ability to light the lamp to basically hold back and stick to defensive end. I hear this from the players themselves. Don't get your hopes up ;)

and they don't want a win because...?

I have a hard time believing that, every person on the ice wants a Stanley cup

Edited by Lucas F

The leafs have what is probably known as the most supportive fan base in the NHL, we sell out every game regardless of how crappy our team is because our market is huge.

Teams in Florida, or middle US states have a very hard time getting fans out. Think about it if they put good teams in non hockey markets like L.A., San Jose, Anaheim, people will watch.

I'm trying to find this photo I saw a while ago showing you the dispersion of the Stanley Cup over the years, it really helps prove my point and I might be able to find it. If I do I'll post it and it will shock you.

James

if I were a player like Kessel or anyone else that can pot a goal, and if my coach was telling me not to score when we're down a goal so we can lose, I'm not listening to him no matter what lol I don't care what anyone says these guys are competitors and no one likes to lose, especially having to deal with the scrutiny in a market like ours