tb4me

as long as MLSE have their hands in the pot, nothing will change. Most of the bums in the ACC seats won't stand waiting for a team to build over the long term. I predict an Oiler Cup waaaaay before Leaf nation will get close enough to sniff it.

and for those who Believe, this Globe story might be a sobering read ;)

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/is-mike-babcock-really-the-best-coach-in-hockey-how-do-we-know/article24380450/

Edited by woodenboater

You want to win a cup I do believe your best chance is low draft picks. Now that Babcock is in Leaf land I don't see them rebuilding with anything decent. Dumb move for my Leafs and smart move for the Wings. Can this Leaf team do better then last year? Most likely, but can they compete with teams like Chicago or New York. Hopefully I'm dead wrong.

You want to win a cup I do believe your best chance is low draft picks. Now that Babcock is in Leaf land I don't see them rebuilding with anything decent. Dumb move for my Leafs and smart move for the Wings. Can this Leaf team do better then last year? Most likely, but can they compete with teams like Chicago or New York. Hopefully I'm dead wrong.

What does Babs signing have to do with the rebuild?

Having Babcock as the coach who's probably a top three coach in the NHL isn't going to allow the Leafs to get a top 5 pick in the draft in the coming years. Babcocks system hopefully can change the teams dynamic, but I really doubt it. I will be interested to see how this team looks come September

Not to worry. Kessel will tell Babcock what to do. It will be status quo by mid season. Babcock will be fired by mid season and Kessel will complain that he's under paid. Welcome to The Laffs Mike. Good Luck!

Edited by muddler

I think Toronto dangled a bigger $ contract then Detroit did. Coaching for the money. If Detroit really really wanted him to stay, Im sure they would of made an offer he wouldnt refuse. I hope he can make a difference.

Sad to see!

Bab's was a good guy, had a good resume with plenty of success and now has been lured into the career ending, black hole of suckdome known as the laffs. Sorry your legacy has been stopped Mike. You were a good man! :wallbash:

Sniff sniff :dunno:

:whistling:

To quote floyd

money money money money......moneyyyy

Lostanotherone you have the exact same point my brother made, theres no such thing as drafting low if you are a crap team that will now make the playoffs simply because your coach is that good.

The rebuild is a strange concept now, however if you are doing it the right way with young guys then no complaints here. There is nothing wrong with taking a very young inexperienced team and building it up.

I along with many of my friends have been discussing this for years, what the heck are the leafs doing, yes there is a salary cap, but there is no cap on how much you can spend on coaches, staff, scouts management all should be top notch.

Anyone else here about guy boucher as an assistant????

July 1st cant come soon enough, dump kessel, trade phaneuf for Edmonton's 16th...ba bam

Shanny is god.

Edited by AKRISONER

Yeah, they can't be happy, lol!

We are not Happy..........but they must not have been totally enamoured, or Pegula would have doubled any offer just to get him here lol

The buffalo guys that should be PO'ed are the ones that counted it as almost a done deal...........Silly radio show guys, they live in this fantasy wannabee GM land

July 1st cant come soon enough, dump kessel, trade phaneuf for Edmonton's 16th...ba bam

Who in their right mind would take on those two contracts? You guys are stuck with them for a long time.

How can you call Shanny god when he has done absolutely nothing to pad a GM or front office resume?

You guys crack me up!

:w00t::rofl2:

He must of came with some conditions?,get rid of all the free loaders,and we know who they are I might add.Just can't see him coming for the same crap we have for the last couple years.Don't see it.

I think the biggest difference is that he will sit the free loaders rather than play them if they continue to be free loaders.

I know I would if it were my job. First you sit on the bench a bit if you're not giving 110% then if no improvement you get to sit in the stands until you get the point!!!

Kessel might stay. Phanuef is gone

But I hope kessel leaves too lol

If im Babcock, first thing I do is take the boys golfing. Second is fishing.

Third is sit the f down and watch everygame from 2 years ago. If you wont hit, backcheck or fight your gone.

No lie, if they dont get the point id trade kessel etc for absolute no names that show up, work hard, play hard, know the game and appreciate the opportunity

Been saying that for years and I all I heard is how great Kissel is/was.

Yeah, right.

It will take a lot more than a coach to change this group around. Sit players out, no way , Kissel won't allow it.

Trade Kissel....are you kidding, who wants him? He's a "sniper" remember?

Dion, same thing, who wants him? Trade him for a roll of tape maybe.

We'll see in the first 20 games what impact Babcock really has. You can't turn a mule into a thoroughbred, and the Laffs are just high paid mules.

Now back to real hockey. How about dem BOLTS?

Edited by muddler