tb4me

Ill never give on my boys in Blue..Leaf fan till I die..Im only 40 amd I know it will come one day..Until then GO LEAFS GO.. A true fan win or loose..Loved that song ha ha ha....Gardiner healthy scratch last night..I hear Edmonton offered up Yakapov for Jake last night..I personally dont care for yakopov at all..We need to get a #1 center right away..Now I sound like a broken fricken record

I;m as big a fan,but we have to pull our heads out of the sand.This has been a landslide for far too long.

Dion has to go,Phil,looks like he is arrogant and a downer I think.Get a #1 goalie,we do not have one now that is not burnt out and can steal us a game .Throw Dion and Phil out there,see what we can get.Throw in a couple others.This team needs a 3/4 player change.No heart ,no grit,no nothing.Glad your starting to see this finally Bill :wallbash: lol..I'm one of there biggest fans,even I have seen this for months going on the downward slide.Nonis goes,Shanny?,who is this mostly quite hardly heard from guy?.To early to tell,thinking he may not even be the answer?

All I see are the 3rd and 4th lines doing work, lines 1 and 2 aren't doing anything. I wouldn't trade Kessel, when him and JVR are on, there isn't a better pair in the league. Phil has earned his contract. Now, players like Clarkson? Dion? ehhh, I wouldn't be sad to see them go. Problem is, no one wants them... Teams want the Winniks and Santorellis.. They'll be gone before the trade deadline I think. As for goalies, I still think we're good on that front, although the decision lastnight to be Bernie back in was stupid. Reims was out there playing just fine.

We definitely need a rebuild, it's going to be even more painful the next few years I think, lol.

All I see are the 3rd and 4th lines doing work, lines 1 and 2 aren't doing anything. I wouldn't trade Kessel, when him and JVR are on, there isn't a better pair in the league. Phil has earned his contract. Now, players like Clarkson? Dion? ehhh, I wouldn't be sad to see them go. Problem is, no one wants them... Teams want the Winniks and Santorellis.. They'll be gone before the trade deadline I think. As for goalies, I still think we're good on that front, although the decision lastnight to be Bernie back in was stupid. Reims was out there playing just fine.

We definitely need a rebuild, it's going to be even more painful the next few years I think, lol.

Agreed to a point,trade Bernier he may be worth something still?if you can,Reimer has had has a rough go to say the least.Think he would be a awesome second/starter.Pick up a proven goalie and I believe we would have a great tandem.JMO of course.Great to hear all the arm chair critics making there pitch,myself included.To bad big changes have to be made once again.New Jersey Friday,ahhhhhhh,who knows

Dion has to go,Phil,looks like he is arrogant and a downer I think.Get a #1 goalie,we do not have one now that is not burnt out and can steal us a game .Throw Dion and Phil out there,see what we can get.Throw in a couple others.This team needs a 3/4 player change.No heart ,no grit,no nothing.Glad your starting to see this finally Bill :wallbash: lol..I'm one of there biggest fans,even I have seen this for months going on the downward slide.Nonis goes,Shanny?,who is this mostly quite hardly heard from guy?.To early to tell,thinking he may not even be the answer?

I have news for you...remember all those games last year and this year where you were outshot 45-17 and won I call those steals...in hindsight if you would have lost those games you might be looking at a McDavid!!!

I have news for you...remember all those games last year and this year where you were outshot 45-17 and won I call those steals...in hindsight if you would have lost those games you might be looking at a McDavid!!!

As mentioned,there burnt out now,maybe not the right term,but that kind of non stop pucks at you is not good.We were lucky to win any of them..That could not go on even as long as it did.You can't have a goalie win every game for you,a steal once in a while is really all you should ask for ?.

Edited by davey buoy

I think other teams are licking their chops when they see the Leafs coming up in the schedule, which just makes it tougher for them to pull one off. Not sure how they are going to rebuild with the cap the way it is.

There are no number 1 goalies available, so how do they get one?

remember a rebuild takes longer than 1 deadline and 1 draft. Expect this to hurt for 4 years for it to actually work. Any sooner and we are back on the same train of attempting to scrape into the playoffs and get crushed in the 1st or second round.

Think about this for a second, if the leafs made the 3rd round of the playoffs at this point, the entire leaf nation would be calling the season a complete success, i heard some interviews out of st louis this year, and they outright werent satisfied and were outright critical of the fact that they were not good enough to win a stanley cup. They considered the season a disappointment because they didnt win the cup.

The ownership and management made substantial moves to improve the team even more in order to turn the team into what they believe is a championship contender. Now thats how it should be.

The leafs are sooooo friggin far from being a stanley cup contender, you could blow this team up into oblivion draft mcdavid and next years 1st overall and still be 5 years out from a championship.

Like a good oil change, the longer you let it bleed, the more thoroughly flushed you are on the refill.

Voracek and Giroux would disagree with you,by far this year best tandem in the league

I repeat, I don't want them to replace it. The playoffs are long gone. If the leafs don't score another goal the entire season I'd be happy as a clam. I want a top 5 draft pick.

I hear you on that Jeremy,but in my pool Buffalo is the only one behind.If Leafs fall last that's a dozen doughnuts and a Party fully loaded Pizza from the person with the last placed team(me).That's a $60 bill where I come from lol. Things at work you get into lol.

That's right. Best pure scorer. One trick. What else does he do?

The thing is, I agree, he will score 30-40 goals a year. Right now I don't want him to. No more of this, leafs finish 9th, leafs finish 11th. Let's finish bottom 3 for a few years and rebuild. Get some value for Kessel. Now, make the right deal. Get value for him, but blow the whole thing up.

I'll take Chicago for the cup.

I repeat, I don't want them to replace it. The playoffs are long gone. If the leafs don't score another goal the entire season I'd be happy as a clam. I want a top 5 draft pick.

So um should they trade phil? :P

Ah, so now I know what it feels to be a fly on the wall at a laffs fan convention :w00t: . The dissatisfaction for the laffs expressed here is epic! :rofl2:

I think it goes like this:

• Lets trade all our players who suck for all the stars in the league.
  • Keep all the guys who don't get paid much and get rid of the overpaid guys
  • It's the managements fault
  • If our players didn't suck, we would win
  • We need to teach them how to score
  • Pilons for defense is not good

So what I get from all this back and forth is you guys also know the laffs suck, and big time!

Keep er going laffites, keep er going!

:clapping:

Edited by muskymatt

The Toronto Munson Laffs

Derived from the film "Kingpin" starring Woody Harrelson whose characters last name is Munson. Also mentioned in the Bloodhound Gang song "Pennsylvania" the word describes someone who has everything going for them and when they reach the pinnacle of their success they do something that causes them to lose it all. Usually whatever makes that person lose it all is by a bad decision they have made driven by greed.

"Jerry already had made a million gambling and was munsoned at the crap table."

OR

"The laffites could have picked 29 other teams but were Munsoned when they chose the laffs"

Edited by muskymatt

Re: cup winner this year.

I am a life long Habs fan but I really cannot see any team from the East winning the cup other than maybe Pittsburgh.

Tampa n NYI are too inexperienced and will likely fall in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. And Detroit doesnt have a good enough goalie unless Mrazek comes out of nowhere and steals a cup.

The West is just waaay too strong with Chicago, LA, St Louis, Anaheim, Nashville.

Edited by Craigson

with the leafs luck, even if they got mcdavid, he'd probably turn out like daigle.. :dunno:

The Laffs would turn him into a "magic hands sniper" that loafs at the blue line . Unfortunately from what I've seen Connor gets physical and is already a real hockey player. Phil could mentor him. Show him how to avoid injuries....

Edited by muddler