tb4me

In the cap strapped landscape of the NHL it vastly extends the time to make any roster moves that are meaningful. ie; 1st and second liners, and at that many teams want your first rounders, a testicle and your wife to make the deal as well as sending a strong player back their way that you probably don't want to part with

Also laugh all you want but as it stands the leafs are still in the playoff hunt so things aren't as bad as they're being made out to be, look at the bruins, chiarelli and benning are crapping themselves right now because their core is finally falling apart, lucic is part of the backbone of that team and has checked out plus chara has been a non factor in his return and krejci hasn't been as dangerous as he has in the past

Edited by Lucas F

They have encounter groups for the more delusional amongst the Leaf fans.

Have to admit I'm a recovering Leafs fan myself. It's an addiction, but I'm getting better. I know the Leafs will win the cup some day, in some alternate universe. Just not in my lifetime. Certainly not as long as they can drag out some of the old relics that last held the cup

Well they need to send some kind of message to the players that they too are accountable. I'd deal Kessel at the deadline for anything reasonable. The guy is poison in a dressing room. If you watched the TSN segment on his pingpong addiction and his highy charged interview you know this guy is bad news. Yes he scores 40+ goals a year but he's minus 6 so the opponent scores 46 when he's on the ice!

Remember the Sundin days when the Leafs had leadership in the locker room. Or Gilmour's tenure with the Leafs! I've never seen the Leafs so hopelessly lead. Remove the C off of Phaneuf and appoint another Assistant Captain instead. Make up some fluffy excuse.

As long as the rock heads on the ice run the team, the Laffs will always remain loooooosers. Babcock to Toronto? Are you kidding me? TSN keeps talking like it's a done deal. Why would he leave a team that's going places and is ALWAYS in the hunt and in the playoffs? No way. Detroit will negotiate a good contract for him and he'll stay.

After all what idiot would want to work with those rock heads?

A couple of the sports networks are talking about packaging a couple of Leafs and buying out their contracts are at least carrying part of the cost to get them out. I agree, rip the team apart and rebuild.

Anywhere in the world I have been, money talks....remember there is no salary cap for coaches, and you are talking about one of the wealthiest sports franchises in the entire world. They will throw an unlimited amount of money at him and make him an offer he cant refuse. Do you honestly think Babcock loves Detroit so much that he would turn down an additional 1-2-3 maybe even 4 mill per year...ya right lol.

Anywhere in the world I have been, money talks....remember there is no salary cap for coaches, and you are talking about one of the wealthiest sports franchises in the entire world. They will throw an unlimited amount of money at him and make him an offer he cant refuse. Do you honestly think Babcock loves Detroit so much that he would turn down an additional 1-2-3 maybe even 4 mill per year...ya right lol.

Detroit isn't an organization strapped for cash. They're not going to let him go.

Edited by jrwb

My opinion... To sit back and say it's the players or it's the management is far to simple. Like any business there is a multitude of critiria which work together to make it successful. Players skill, attitude, leadership, coaching, scouting, Management, etc. The teams that win are less disfunctional in less areas than teams that don't. We know when the Leafs are on the scale. This is why they are so inconsistent and the win big or lose big streaks happen. Every year there is always one team that "just needs a goalie" to be a real contender. They're lucky because all other pieces are somewhat in place. So, my opinion is we're all correct because I can't think of one area of the franchise that is nailed down. Well, other than fan base loyalty and that's disappearing at an alarming rate according to the "experts". I personally think the coaching change is warranted, not sure about the timing though. But I also think it's only one step of many that has to get addressed before real, sustainable improvement is possible. Just my two cents.

It was a good night of hockey.

Both the HABS and Sens lost. :dunno:

Always nice when the Habs and Sens lose, Going to be a good day. :whistling:

It's always a bad day for me when the leafs lose cause I know that my friends will be sad. Oh well, you can always fire somebody. You can still even make the playoffs!!! Can you imagine the joy I'm feeling just thinking about that?

step 1 - team building 101.

someone needs to take a run at ovechkin tonight, and it shouldn't be komarov.

the other stuff will sort itself out.

Phaneuf had a golden opportunity to do just that and turtled. Perfect opportunity to show what kind of a leader the Captain is. Or Coward?

Phaneuf had a golden opportunity to do just that and turtled. Perfect opportunity to show what kind of a leader the Captain is. Or Coward?

Ovie would wreck Phaneuf.

Sad indeed. But Phaneuf knows that too or he woulda made a point to find him later in the game.

A few big hits in that game. That hit on Panik where Panik stood him up was a HARD hit!

Edited by manitoubass2