Angler kills undersize Muskie....cause he thinks they eat all his fish!

Pigeontroller

Sadly, people kill muskie thinking they are helping walleye populations. Another group kills pike to protect the muskie population. There is another type of creature that kils carp because they destroy bass and pike habitat. They are all idiots.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/fisheries/management/habitat.html

Lake rehabilitation

Fish habitat in many shallow lakes has been destroyed by carp and black bullheads. These fish root in the silty lake bottoms and stir up nutrient-laden sediment. The murky water blocks sunlight from reaching aquatic plants that stabilize the lake bottom and provide oxygen and habitat for game fish and water insects. Bluegills and bass numbers drop, while the seemingly indestructible bullheads and carp thrive in the gray-green soup.

I saw this video more than a few hours ago and have been seething over it since. I have a saying, stupidity is a DNA thing, lack of intellect is passed down from a shallow gene pool, being stupid isn't their fault, ignorance however is someone with some semblance of intellect that acts stupid. I think we have both at work here. I printed the pic of this knucklehead and his registration number on the boat. I will find out next week who this boat is registered to hopefully, it's probably stolen. 55E, where is that area? I think it might be Brantford area. Lets find this idiot. I hope social media kicks in here, it is a powerful investigative tool.

Wait, I know this person. He is the fisherman that guts a Salmon for it's eggs to let rot on the bank so he can catch another fish to do the same thing to. He is the guy that leaves his buck a beer 6 pack empties and plastic ring thrown in the bush after he's belched from empting them in 10 minutes. He throws the worm container on the ground along with the empty Horton's cup he needs to get sober a bit before he drives home too drunk. He's the guy that all the useless signs reminding us of proper social conduct are posted for, except he reads at a grade 1 level.

You know him too. He's your father, son, brother, cousin, neighbor or co worker. And he doesn't have a fishing or boaters license.

The worth of different species of fish, mammal, insect etc. are for another thread I believe.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

People shoot thousands of carp in North America and let them rot... On video... All over YouTube... Only the carp anglers seam to care... 1 video of 1 musky being killed for no reason and everyone calls the MNR....

I'd like to see that kind if support for all species... Waste is waste no matter the species everyone...

Can't believe people still do things like this....

I've seen people do the same to Sheephead. Catch it, swear, slit the belly and throw it back. All while justifying it by cursing about how they just eat all the good fish as they are doing it. It's mind boggling sometimes Mike.

the guy looks like Lew's evil clone

Ya, he's the bad twin :lol:

I know a guy here in the Kawarthas that thinks exactly like the doofis in the video. He told me one day that I should kill all the muskies I catch rather than release them because their eating all the pickerel. I asked him how he knew this and he said it's obvious because 30 years ago their were plenty of pickerel and now there's hardly any left. I said the 2 species have lived together for eon's so howcum the muskies all of a sudden just ate them all in the last 30 years and of course he had no answer. When I said perhaps the pickerel are maybe being over fished by humans he said that was just stupid.

Tough to deal with some folks.

Edited by lew

Sickening. I had a musky die on me for the first time this year. I was trolling a big jake, reel goes off so I grabbed the rod but see something is very wrong. The back hook is all that got him and unfortunately it hit his throat and opened it right up. Wasn't quite legal size either so nothing I could do with it, just a crappy feeling. I switched to fishing for another species and it was nearly two months before I finally went back out for musky. I've heard people talk about killing them so it doesn't surprise me but it's still absolutely disgusting. I couldn't imagine killing one on purpose for no reason. I feel terrible enough for having killed one by accident.

Edited by Dontcryformejanhrdina

I gotta weigh in here on this. Let me state clearly that the guy that did this is a dirtbag, and should be punished by the law. However, while we love to catch these wonderful fish, they are, in fact, just fish....my favorite fish, but still just fish. The threats of bodily harm to the dirtbag are way out of line. Would I have had some words with him?...definitely....but would I try to physically harm him?...no way.

Also, remember we don't go after these fish with velvet gloves and lollipops....look at your lures, your line strength, your hook set. Finally, how many of us debarb our hooks? I don't, and I'll bet most of you don't either.

Likely I'll be bombarded with this, but felt I needed to say it.

I don't really think the issue is with him killing a musky as much as it's him intentionally killing an under sized musky.

There are a few things wrong with this. Depending on his license (if he even has one) if he has a conservation license, you wouldn't even be able to keep a musky. 2, he killed a fish under the slot size. 3, he intentionally threw it back in the water which is wasting fish and is also a chargeable offence.

I do not target musky but if it was over the slot size and he kept the fish, I would have no issue with him killing it. But because he is a dirtbag and purposely killed a fish and let it float away, I think he deserves to lose his fishing priveledges as well as receive some hefty fines. I hope we hear what the end result of this is.

Does anyone know what body of water this was on?

Perhaps someone who lives in the general area could pass this along to the local newspapers??
It would be most worthwhile to see this lowlife exposed in print (even with face & registration blurred). No doubt that friends, family, local tackle shops & community members would recognize this Scumbag and give him the gift that keeps on giving. PUBLIC DISGRACE.
If I wasn't leaving for vacation, I'd be working so some creative wanted posters and mailing them to every tackle shop & marina in the greater Windsor area.

This Scumbag disgusts me!!