Quick Muskie Report - New PB!

ccmtcanada

Fishnsled and I had planned to fish today. We didn't know what we were going to target but we knew we wanted to get out and fish! Because of the winds, we decided Lake O fishing was out so we decided on going for some Muskie in the Kawarthas. With a cold front and 25km/h winds we were saying it may be a tough day out there.

We got to the launch at 8am and searched for some Muskie waters. It was a chilly 8c!! I was throwing my go to lure...a suick...when at around 820am as it's getting closer to the boat I see these huge jaws clamp around it! I set the hook but somehow it didn't take...Fishnsled turned just in time to see the splash it made and it dove back for cover. A few casts later, the lure had just hit the water....a few sweeps of the bait and BAM!!! Another one hit. This one was hooked well and it ended up beating my old 41.5" PB.

651F5540-91ED-495D-AEFA-050AB95A0014_zps

This one beat my old PB by 1.5" and came in at a solid 43"! Here's the release shot...

7BD31837-B6F7-40EF-93DF-504B294A103F_zps

A while later, Fishnsled gets on the board and does a quick release boat side...

9F66E127-73A6-48E1-95D1-C277D022946B_zps

Things slowed down after that and we were off the water by 2pm.

Always a great time fishing with you Fishnsled!! Even better when we boat a few nice fish!

Thanks everyone! Was definitely a thrill to fight and land that fish!!!

excellent.......so those suiks actually work eh?

The suick is my go to lure! It's caught me more Muskies than anything else. I told Will that if I ever lost it, I'd probably cry. Lol

beauty fish! what kind of structure were the fish holding too if you dont mind me asking? hoping to try a couple spots in the east kawarthas tomorrow

8 to 10 feet of water with some weed growth was where we had luck. Hope you got a few!

The suick is my go to lure! It's caught me more Muskies than anything else. I told Will that if I ever lost it, I'd probably cry. Lol

Suicks are an old classic that work as well today as they ever did and the muskies never tire of them.

I remember taking a friend out a couple years ago who was new to musky fishing. I suggested a few baits to buy including a Suick. He tried everything and nothing worked so he put on his new Suick and got bit on the very 1st cast.

It then became one of his favorite musky baits :lol: