New to forum

Fishwilly

HI all,

Just want to say hi to all. Avid fisherman from the Ottawa area. Stoked about picking up new Legend 18 Xtreme w/115 HP Merc Fourstroke soon. Got it outfitted with downriggers and hoping to try my hand at Lake Ontario for salmon this summer. Any advise on this is appreciated as I'm hoping this rig can take the big O.

Tight lines

Fishwilly

Edited by Fishwilly

You have to be careful fishing the big o, a marine radio is an asset because you can listen for weather changes which happen fast. Keep your eyes and ears open always and you will be ok

Check out the website weather underground for detailed wind and wave summarys

Good luck

Welcome aboard.

Lake O can be sweet, or she can kick your ass and laugh as you drown.

Always get a CURRENT and LOCAL report/forecast. Winds can be fine at home. You get to the lake and things are way different

An 18 ft, deep V hull will be great, but no match for a 6+ ft wave

be safe above all

peter

I'm a new kid on the block here as well, and this is a good place. Welcome aboard!

Just don't start threads about Lake Nipissing, or game wardens, both topics seem to bring out a certain amount of heated rhetoric....... :o

Yes that is enough boat for Lake Ontario if you know how to drive and keep an eye on the weather. I have no personal experience with that particular hull and motor, but I am guessing you will need a kicker motor to get slow enough to run your riggers.

Doug