Check this out! No more cable bills! All the tv you can watch!

tb4me

Hey if your sick of paying insane cable and satellite bills like I was you need to check out this link.. I bought this a couple months back and am just now getting into it..Unreal, all the movies and tv shows you can watch. I even get to watch most NHL games online!. I hook up a HDMI cable to my tv and most if not all movies are in HD.. I'm no sales man but I have read enough threads on here about the cable and satellite companies.. Check it out here FUTURE TV

Tb4me.... A great system no doubt. I have been involved with xbmc for awhile now as a user. That said I picked up a gbox paid a one time fee to purchase the unit (129.00) no other fees required, zero subscription fees or "programming fees" and I have access to hundreds of broadcasters and thousands of "channels" zero recurring fees.

Good on you for getting rid of the cable/satellite tether! So many options out there!

I went here.... Upon advice from a lot of people including family.

Gboxcanada.com

Ever want to talk xbmc pm me.

G

My bud has an android box, same setup as that but if you buy it unlocked you don't even have the yearly fee and it's the same interface and everything

Yup my android box is fully rooted. That's the beauty of it. Great point I missed. I have complete control over my equipment.

Definitely a great route to take. Been running xbmc on my laptop for sometime now. Now l am looking at getting a box like Gerritt's. Btw, thx for the suggestion Gerritt, I will be getting the gbox now. But make sure your Internet cap is sufficient, or you'll be paying more when you go over your cap limit.

Edited by Hooked

Trust me guys it's not perfect.... But if one "broadcaster" is not working for a given movie you wish to watch, there are a dozen more to choose from. And HD is available for a lot of content, but as was mentioned know your internet caps...

I don't watch movies (haven't watched one in ten years) but if my live sports event is not available at game time, look out. I'm not ashamed to say that I piggy back my bell expressvu account between 4 other users which makes my cost 1/4 of what it should be. Everyone that I know does this. Works for me.

I don't watch movies (haven't watched one in ten years) but if my live sports event is not available at game time, look out. I'm not ashamed to say that I piggy back my bell expressvu account between 4 other users which makes my cost 1/4 of what it should be. Everyone that I know does this. Works for me.

I have done that before with bell and a few neighbors..It really is a good idea.

As for Future tv or XBMC the difference is with Future TV all updates and maintenance is done for you. Im not interested in the tinkering around like I constantly had to do with XBMC (started with that) This guys system does all the work for me and it comes with tech support. I'm not sure about the boxes and tech support, but I do like the idea that you don't need a computer to run it..I have to tie up my computer to watch TV thru HDMI. Also I find the Live tv is touch and go Hockey is always there but I find the sound and video quality not so good. The odd time you will find a working HD link though. There always seems to be a working HD link for Nascar.. As for movies and tv shows, the sky is the limit..

I had a bell dish and receiver up at our trailer in French River and another one at a hunt camp I share with my son-in-law. Bell called me one day and told me that all receivers had to be at the same location or I had to have seperate accounts so they shut down the other receivers on me. I didn't like Bell before, I really don't like them now! Fiber will be getting installed here this spring and Bell can KMA.

We are retired and like our TV shows. Rather than doing the pvr programming nightmare for them we've been downloading all of them the morning after and watching at our convenience. Been using this site for over 5 years now. We only use our satelite now for live sports pretty well. Get a bit torrent app and watch your download cap , if you have one. We got a few British crime dramas we watch now too, great programming over there :clapping: . This could be another option for those just interested in shows.

https://eztv.it/

I love this thread! I know from friends of mine that you can get the same thing from Comcast. I believe that if you buy it unlocked, it's the same: basically no fees. I'm also just getting into using XBMC and I love that as well. Like you said, not perfect, but for the price difference (i.e. xbmc = $0.00) you can't lose.

Another "secret" which Rogers & Bell don't want you to know is that the old fashioned antenna is back with a vengeance. I've got one mounted on my house & get about 30 channels from it. Granted, you don't get the "cable" channels, but you get all the big ones - CBC, CTV, NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox, PBS etc... plus if you boost your signal a little you can also get a bunch of US specialty Over-the-Air channels similar to many cable channels, For example, we can't get Treehouse for our kids, but we get "Qubo" over the air - just as good, and free.

The other thing that nobody will tell you is that Grandma's old antenna captures a digital signal, which means that it gets you the absolute clearest, highest quality HD signal. Cable and Satellite are poor cousins, as far as HD quality goes. It's truly sparkling.

:)

p.-

p.s. so I got to see every wrinkle on Carlyle's face last night as he prepares to get fired as Leafs coach over the summer... lol!

Edited by Paulus

This is definitely worth looking into has I absolutely hate the evil empire of Bell and Rogers and it kills me to right those criminals a cheque every month.

I am not really sure how this internet TV thing works, I understand you need a good internet connection with a lot of bandwidth but outside of that I don`t know much.

If I went with a internet system could I still get hockey i.e. all the Habs and Leaf games? And the other shows I like....Pawn Stars...Ice Pilots... Walking Dead etc?

If anybody could shed some light on that please!!!

This is definitely worth looking into has I absolutely hate the evil empire of Bell and Rogers and it kills me to right those criminals a cheque every month.

I am not really sure how this internet TV thing works, I understand you need a good internet connection with a lot of bandwidth but outside of that I don`t know much.

If I went with a internet system could I still get hockey i.e. all the Habs and Leaf games? And the other shows I like....Pawn Stars...Ice Pilots... Walking Dead etc?

If anybody could shed some light on that please!!!

The way my friends is, I don't know if this is typical of all xmcb units, he has access to anything and everything, pay per view ufc, out of market hockey, baseball, football whatever your heart desires, I'm giving some thought to it as well, I could purchase a box and have it paid for with what I would spend in one month on my cable/internet package

The way my friends is, I don't know if this is typical of all xmcb units, he has access to anything and everything, pay per view ufc, out of market hockey, baseball, football whatever your heart desires, I'm giving some thought to it as well, I could purchase a box and have it paid for with what I would spend in one month on my cable/internet package

Can you not do the same thing with the Xbox or PS systems?

Can you not do the same thing with the Xbox or PS systems?

XBMC stands for Xbox media center. So yes it will run on Xbox. I dont think it will work on a PS3 and im not sure about the PS4 as I dont own one.

As for live TV its touch and go. If you want to watch the Leafs or Habs you have to have basic cable IMO the quality is always questionable. But as for tv shows or movies, ya awesome! Say you wanted to watch the walking dead, you could stumble around to watch a live feed and most likely find one too. again quality is questionable at times. However if you just wait until Monday night The Walking Dead will be available in HD. You have to change the way you watch TV to enjoy XBMC worry and stress free. It was never meant to be used for live tv and it is just now in the early stages. There is a new Beta version out called Gotham that is supposed to be better for live TV but I hear that for every 1 link that works there's 90 or so that don't..For more info go to youtube and or the link i posted above for future TV..

i use a pivos xios with a linux build of xbmc. couple of video plugins. all free 'cept the box. more shows and movies than needed

i do pay for nhl gamecenter for all live hockey games from every team in hd and netflix for movies. we could propably drop the netflix

no cable/satellite and not missed but other than hockey i am not a live sports junkie

Edited by Raf

Ok, I'm old and not very smart but wasn't there some systems a few years back called Pansat/Vusat (and a few others) that did the same sort of thing? Next thing I heard was Bell had figured out how to block them.

Now I would love to have a system where I could watch what ever I wanted to when ever I want to but as I said, I'm not too smart so having a system where I have to "fiddle" with it or make adjustments to it probably isn't going to work for me. (the remote would probably be burried in the TV screen in short order)

That said I may not know the answers but I sure know where to find them!

I need to be able to operate three TVs all at the same time; one in Sue's craft room, one in the living room, and one in the family room. I do have high speed internet (unlimited) but I don't want to run it through my computer (because I have enough trouble figuring that out by itself).

So, what do I need? Who on here would be willing to come hook it all up and set it all up and teach a couple of old farts how to work it? How much would it cost me? Would you be willing to trade labour for fishing time? Oh and as long as Sue can get her soaps and I can get the local news and weather everything else is a bonus!

Big Cliff AKA Old Cliff

Last heard from on Sturgeon Lake Kawarthas

Don't cancel your sub and run out and buy one of these, I currently have a Gbox and an Ouya(I thought would be a step up)....getting to find something to watch is a long process it is far from a click of the remote like your current sub.

It is great for movies as long as you have a good internet connection, and the patients to find working links.

I have yet to stream a live sports broadcast that looks remotely like any HD channel i currently pay for.

I have have alot of trouble with both boxes if you don't leave them on all the time when you fire them up don't expect it to work right away it likes to hog bandwidth to update it's add ons making streaming slow until its is done.

For anyone that had any grey market satellite experience this is a far cry from it.

For a hundred bucks I'm sure i have or will get my moneys worth outa the box.