Check this out! No more cable bills! All the tv you can watch!

tb4me

I have it running pretty smooth from my pc so I went and ordered a unit from gboxcanada for downstairs without a pc.

The $129 price jumped to $139 when I ordered, the shipping added $20 and the taxes rounded it out to $180!!!.

I ordered on Tuesday and received confirmation 2 days later. Its still in transit in the maritimes due to my bad timing (Easter holidays).

$20 shipping for over approx 10 days shipping of a small parcel seems pretty high.

The $20 UPS or something better than Canada Post 10 day expedited shipping might had been more in line.

My one question that I don't seem to get an answer with xbmc is the p2p. Is this just a glorified streaming torrent app? Is the cache of the movie I watch being uploaded to others?

Just a follow up...

Package arrived Tuesday and I have been playing with it big time!

Unfortunately I am going to return it as I was really expecting more. I have xbmc installed on a pc and tablet and it works great but the Android box seems very under powered and handicapped without a mouse or touch screen. It took almost an hour to enter in my login information for Netflix as the remote and cursor would cancel the input so I finally had to plug a keyboard in. Then the unit wouldn't allow the shift key on the keyboard for "@" so I did 1/2 with keyboard and 1/2 with remote cursor. A lot of the applications had these problems of input which probably could of been prevented with another $$$ remote. Also had a ton of problems viewing any movies where the PC version had no problems. I thought the GBox with OTA updates would have the latest respository info etc. but really seemed slow.

The GBox may be a great unit but just not for my family. Unfairly I wanted it to be super user friendly for the wife/kids but it's input killed that right away. I unfairly hoped for more of a "AppleTV" environment having easy control and access to Netflix and Slingplayer along with xbmc.

Edited by Raycaster