Check this out! No more cable bills! All the tv you can watch!

tb4me

Big Cliff

Can you tell me how Bell discovered all your receivers did not exist at the same address? I have been doing the same thing for a few years and never been questioned. I also never plug them into my phone line unless all receivers are home.

Edited by sofabed

Ow, thanks.

definately not an option if you are rural and have no access to cable / dsl.

if you do have either however, there are plenty of package especially from third party resellers that have large enough bandwidth limits.

Big Cliff

Can you tell me how Bell discovered all your receivers did not exist at the same address? I have been doing the same thing for a few years and never been questioned. I also never plug them in to my phone line unless all receivers are home

Yes, all our receivers went down one day so I called them and they said sorry, we'll fix that tight away. Then they asked me to go to receiver #1 and tell them what the code was, I did and within seconds it started working again. Same thing with receivers 2 and 3. When it came time to do receiver 4 and 5 I explained that they weren't at this location and that is when the crap hit the fan so to speak.

Oh, and mine weren't plugged in to the phone line either.

Edited by Big Cliff

Is there a way to block channels you don't want your kids to watch?

Also, we are rural, but have high speed Bell internet and a wireless modem, what is everyone's experience with streaming live TV, such as hockey games with this type of internet? Will it be too choppy to watch? We have a smart TV and have tried streaming sports through other providers such as Hockey Streams, I think that's what it was called, and it was unwatchable. I'm wondering if the Gbox would be a better receiver of the wireless signal compared to the TV, as it probably doesn't have the best, most robust software, RAM etc. Any thoughts on this anyone?

Thanks

Is there a way to block channels you don't want your kids to watch?

Also, we are rural, but have high speed Bell internet and a wireless modem, what is everyone's experience with streaming live TV, such as hockey games with this type of internet? Will it be too choppy to watch? We have a smart TV and have tried streaming sports through other providers such as Hockey Streams, I think that's what it was called, and it was unwatchable. I'm wondering if the Gbox would be a better receiver of the wireless signal compared to the TV, as it probably doesn't have the best, most robust software, RAM etc. Any thoughts on this anyone?

Thanks

The quality of the sterams will be fine depending on the plan you have with bell (I was on Bell wireless 25down/1up as well before moving to a place with cable internet and could stream video no problem). The issue is the low monthly bandwidth caps you have . Video, especially HD, eats up a lot of data.

Edited by Raf

XBMC s the way to go. Future tv is better if you dont like to mess around constantly. You just simply turn it on and enjoy. Future tv also has child locks that work well.. Almost too well. its a pain to have to enter the code. There is one thing with any XBMC box or even future TV one box per TV. So if you have 3 tv's you will need 3 future tv subscriptions or 3 android boxes. Unless you dont mind moving your computer or andriod box to different tv's.

I can honestly say I have never had to mess around with my GBox, it came preprogrammed. Just plug it in and go :)

I also like the Navi-X app for up to date movies, series etc

G

Edited by Gerritt

I can honestly say I have never had to mess around with my GBox, it came preprogrammed. Just plug it in and go :)

I also like the Navi-X app for up to date movies, series etc

G

Navi-x never seems to work when you wan it to ..I cant wait for them to upgrade their servers..

Some useful info in this thread but I am a bit surprised that given some of the posts are blatantly admiting to illegal activity that this thread hasn't been locked. Especially given so many fishing posts get locked....

Just thoght I would stir up some cr@p... nothin else to pick fights about given musky season hasn't started and the leafs are on there way out. haha

blog-ticktick-big-brother.jpg

This is definitely worth looking into has I absolutely hate the evil empire of Bell and Rogers and it kills me to right those criminals a cheque every month.

I am not really sure how this internet TV thing works, I understand you need a good internet connection with a lot of bandwidth but outside of that I don`t know much.

If I went with a internet system could I still get hockey i.e. all the Habs and Leaf games? And the other shows I like....Pawn Stars...Ice Pilots... Walking Dead etc?

If anybody could shed some light on that please!!!

you're in orangeville right? get an HD antenna and point it at the cn tower, there's your CBC HNIC broadcasts along with anything else the Toronto stations broadcast. If you want all NHL games, you will need NHL Gamecenter subscription, you will also need a service ($1.99 / month to get around the local blackouts). Mine is $99 / season that's still cheaper than basic cable when you break it down by month. Walking Dead is on netflix, The other shows are available via XBMC plugins. You won't get the shows the day they are aired but if you're ok with a day (or a few hours) later, then no issue.

even basic cable was like $70+ / month with box rental for us, that's $840 a year! By comparison, my expenses for TV are $99 / year for game center + 8.99 / month (netflix) + 1.99 / month blackout service.

Some useful info in this thread but I am a bit surprised that given some of the posts are blatantly admiting to illegal activity that this thread hasn't been locked. Especially given so many fishing posts get locked....

Just thoght I would stir up some cr@p... nothin else to pick fights about given musky season hasn't started and the leafs are on there way out. haha

Actually there is nothing illegal about XBMC not in Canada any way.. there is no law about what you can or cant stream from one computer to another. Its the content that can get you into trouble and from what I have seen there is no such content..Im not going to say what said content is cause I find it disgusting and I cant even say the words.

The illegal stuff was FTA and that is long gone now.

The quality of the sterams will be fine depending on the plan you have with bell (I was on Bell wireless 25down/1up as well before moving to a place with cable internet and could stream video no problem). The issue is the low monthly bandwidth caps you have . Video, especially HD, eats up a lot of data.

No problem with the download limit, for $10 extra a month we have unlimited. I will just have to verify what our bandwidth is as far down and up, then go from there.

Thanks

So our download speed is 5 Mbps and upload is 800 Kbps.

Do you think the download speed will be adequate enough? I personally have my doubts, but don't know a great deal about all this. Due to where we live, that's as fast as we can get at the moment.

5mbps should be plenty for video feedback

I have been researching the internet, using the smart TV, to find streaming sites and see if I can view some hockey games on it. Wanna see if it's still choppy like it was before.

Some one admitting to criminal acts is not breaking the rules( for the most part) however our policy is to turn over if requested any threads and content that can be used as evidence in a criminal prosecution. Now disregarding the rules, bashing, cussing or mock cussing and other infractions will get threads locked. We hope that the participants of the threads who follow the rules will excuse us for stepping in before feelings get to bent out of shape during the winternet episodes that occur periodically.

Thanks and now back to our regularly scheduled programming lol.

Art

5mpbs may or may not be enugh for hd. it is enough for netflix but may not be for nhl gamecenter as they stream at a higher bitrate. if the tv is the only thing using the internet in your house while watching then maybe but you'd want at least 10 as mentioned for HD. 5 should be more than enough for sd.

we have 25 mbps down here and can watch netflix on two tvs in hd + surf web / play ps3 at the same time without issue.

the lack decent high speed internet in rural areas in canada is really a pet peeve of mine. it's not like you're 200 miles from civilization either.

Edited by Raf