Ice fishing or steelhead fishing this weekend?

redpearl99

I'm sick of winter, so I've been steelheading. Conditions are less than ideal, but I can't stand the thought of more ice fishing right now. I was out in my street tossing a practice plug on one of my casting rods this morning. The neighbours think I'm nuts, lol!

Even with a long handle net ,most pools/runs we hit this week are just to tricky to land anything in right now . Still been nice getting out and hooking a few . Landing them was a different story.

I can hear my new SST3 pin calling.Get me out of the box and get me trout,n. :D

Edited by Misfish

fish'n for brownies this weekend... bait: chores around the house. The honey-do honey-done technique is really productive. Should have enough in the bank for the following weekend at which point I'm steelheading!

:P

p.-

Edited by Paulus

I applaud you all willing to bounce a presentation from one ice berg to another in subzero temps, or even a balmy 1 or 2 degrees.

I've been there in younger days.

I was by the Grand today in Caledonia where there is open water, it is high and it is flowing like 90.

Just be careful out there boys and girls.

I'm driving south Monday. As Popeye said " that's all I can stands and can't stands no more !!!!!!!!!! "

When it hits 20C that's where we're stopping. Big decision every morning, fishing of golfing? Maybe both.

as in access to river through private land? that's a generous offer indeed, likely make some friends real quick like that

Let's hope not, that section is closed until opener :)

Edited by BillM