Multiple Crashes

Fisherman

My wife is just leaving on a 100 mile trip down the 115 and across the 401 to Toronto, hope things aren't too nasty over this way.

Pretty clear here in the East End Lew... the occasional snow flurry and that danged wind, but not too much too worry about.

HH

Just got back in. Visibility on the side road I was on was reduced to zero, and I mean zero!

I was virtually stopped when someone in pickup raced towards me doing 80k minimum. When he saw my headlights he veered to the right, lost control and ended up in the ditch.

Stopped to help and it was a young guy, early 20's "maybe". He actually had the audacity to say to me if you can't drive in these kinds of conditions you shouldn't be on the road. :rolleyes:

He got an earful from me before I called a towtruck for him.

I really wish the idiots who don't drive according to conditions would start receiving hefty fines on top of footing the entire bill for police, fire, and medics for putting other peoples lives in jeopardy. Maybe triple their insurance premium for a couple years to get it through their thick skulls that driving too fast on snowy roads with limited visibility can and does kill people?

I wonder how many innocent people are injured each winter due to idiots driving too fast for the conditions? How much do these morons cost us all in increased insurance rates?

I really wish the idiots who don't drive according to conditions would start receiving hefty fines on top of footing the entire bill for police, fire, and medics for putting other peoples lives in jeopardy. Maybe triple their insurance premium for a couple years to get it through their thick skulls that driving too fast on snowy roads with limited visibility can and does kill people?

I wonder how many innocent people are injured each winter due to idiots driving too fast for the conditions? How much do these morons cost us all in increased insurance rates?

I wonder how many idiots are killed by the overly cautious as well...

I wonder how many idiots are killed by the overly cautious as well...

The number of people not driving according to conditions greatly exceeds the number of overly cautious drivers on the road. Those who get into accidents because of an "overly cautious" driver going too slow are still not driving according to conditions or they'd be able to see and stop before hitting the "overly cautious" driver or swerving to avoid them.

The number of people not driving according to conditions greatly exceeds the number of overly cautious drivers on the road. Those who get into accidents because of an "overly cautious" driver going too slow are still not driving according to conditions or they'd be able to see and stop before hitting the "overly cautious" driver or swerving to avoid them.

Conditions according to who? The overly cautious ones? LOL!! I hate being in a group of cars doing 80km/h on the 400 because there's a bit of snow on the road. So yes, I'm that guy in the fast lane. I agree that being cautious is good, being overly is just as bad as the guy weaving in and out of traffic.

Edited by BillM

Pretty clear here in the East End Lew... the occasional snow flurry and that danged wind, but not too much too worry about.

HH

Thanks for that Joe, it's nice & sunny up this way too but the wind blown snow is what I'm concerned with, that 115 can get some nasty whiteouts.

Just got back in. Visibility on the side road I was on was reduced to zero, and I mean zero!

I was virtually stopped when someone in pickup raced towards me doing 80k minimum. When he saw my headlights he veered to the right, lost control and ended up in the ditch.

Stopped to help and it was a young guy, early 20's "maybe". He actually had the audacity to say to me if you can't drive in these kinds of conditions you shouldn't be on the road. :rolleyes:

He got an earful from me before I called a towtruck for him.

Your a nice guy, I would've laughed right at him and left him there.

My wife just called a few minutes ago to say they made it to Toronto with no problem other than a few whiteouts down the 115.

Different story here at the house right now though, the winds are howling and it's snowing like crazy.

I don't think this crazy winter is ever gonna let up :lol: