Multiple Crashes

Fisherman

That was a good one on the 400 yesterday. I missed it by half an hour...luckily.

It was a transport truck that caused it and them guys are usually the cause of these mishaps nowadays.

I saw one running down the 427 in snow and talking on his cell phone.

Nice generalization, I see enough accidents everyday on my drive through York region and normally there isn’t a transport truck around. Although about every second car/SUV I look at has the driver talking or texting on their phone.

Oh and maybe the OPP officer who had stopped in the fast lane should have thought about the moving traffic in yesterday’s crash, Big rigs have a hard time slowing down on a dime….

It appears that some fail to understand that hazard lights are meant to be used when there is a hazard, hence their name.

-when any vehicle traveling traveling significantly slower than the speed limit, including big rigs

-during extreme weather with very limited visibility due to fog, rain, or snow

-if there is an accident or traffic jam ahead

I've almost been rear ended 4-5 times on the 400 series highways when slowing down for traffic jams and every single time the slow/stopped traffic ahead was easy to see. Coincidentally, since I started hitting the 4 ways last year when slowing down (100kmh+ to 0-5km/h) to stop for traffic I haven't had anyone almost smash into me under the same circumstances.

They're also very effective when towing heavy loads and you can't maintain speed while climbing big hills such as the Hamilton mountain. Coincidentally, when you use the 4 ways people no longer fly up on your arse and suddenly swerve into another lane cutting other people off. The 4 ways tend to convince people to switch lanes well before they're right behind you.

It appears that some fail to understand that hazard lights are meant to be used when there is a hazard, hence their name.

-when any vehicle traveling traveling significantly slower than the speed limit, including big rigs

-during extreme weather with very limited visibility due to fog, rain, or snow

-if there is an accident or traffic jam ahead

I've almost been rear ended 4-5 times on the 400 series highways when slowing down for traffic jams and every single time the slow/stopped traffic ahead was easy to see. Coincidentally, since I started hitting the 4 ways last year when slowing down (100kmh+ to 0-5km/h) to stop for traffic I haven't had anyone almost smash into me under the same circumstances.

They're also very effective when towing heavy loads and you can't maintain speed while climbing big hills such as the Hamilton mountain. Coincidentally, when you use the 4 ways people no longer fly up on your arse and suddenly swerve into another lane cutting other people off. The 4 ways tend to convince people to switch lanes well before they're right behind you.

Very well said.

When I got off work, it was snowing heavily and blowing to

the point that visibility was almost zero. I made my way to

the car and wondered how I was going to get home. I sat in

the car while it warmed up and thought about my situation.

I remembered my wife's advice that if I got caught in a

blizzard, I should wait for a snowplow to come by and

follow it. That way I would not have to worry about going

off the road or getting stuck in a snow drift.

Sure enough, in a little while, a snowplough went by and

I pulled out and began to follow it. As I followed along

behind the snowplough, I felt quite comfortable and smug as

we continued on our way and I was not having any problem

with the blizzard or road conditions. After some time had

passed, I was somewhat surprised when the snowplough

stopped.

The driver got out of the cab and came back to my car.

He signalled me to roll down my window and asked if I was

all right, as I had been following him for a long time.

I said that I was fine and told him of my wife's advice

to follow a plow when caught in a blizzard. The driver

replied it was okay with him and that I could continue

to follow him if I wanted, but he wanted me to know that

he was done with the Wal-Mart parking lot and was going

over to Canadian Tire next.

That was a good one on the 400 yesterday. I missed it by half an hour...luckily.

It was a transport truck that caused it and them guys are usually the cause of these mishaps nowadays.

I saw one running down the 427 in snow and talking on his cell phone.

Do you drive a vehicle larger than a pickup truck?

Do you know what its like to see your life flash before your eyes on a daily basis due to the stupidity and ignorance of the average driver?

A lot of accidents involving tractor trailers and orher large straight trucks are caused by people in regular vehicles many of whom escape the scene with no damage and no clue.

Look up the case of david virgo and let me know how you feel about them after.

There a lot of bad drivers out there and that includes idiots driving large vehicles, try not to paint too broad a stroke because the people you are insulting might be the ones who make a sacrifice to save your ass one day.

How many times I have mentioned those barriers in conversation.That can't hold a car back if the point of impact is almost right on.I could tell stories of what I've seen running that highway daily for over 30 years.It's about time and way long over do!

The steel barriers are pretty useless, i know i guy who blew a front drive tire on a mack cabover while in the middle lane of the 400. If there hadnt been a concrete barrier in the middle to prop up the truck he would have rolled into oncoming traffic. These steel fences should have been replaced long ago, especially along the bermuda triangle of the 400...